Anyone using YouMail?

M

Matth3w

I haven't gotten a voicemail yet, but just curious...I think I have it all set up, but I don't see how to change the greeting based on who is calling or even how to change the default greeting..

Any tips?

OP
M

Matth3w

Err...wait...how do you make them the greeting? Do you do it by calling the number or by the software somehow?

CatsTide

Reaction score
Err...wait...how do you make them the greeting? Do you do it by calling the number or by the software somehow?
make an account,sign in and sync your contacts. then you'll be able to assign contacts different greetings

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
you do it on the computer! just click use this then it puts a list on yur page. there you can assign. i think you need to upload yur contacts into youmail as well :D

OP
M

Matth3w

Ok, how do I make it so that all unknown or blocked callers get that blocked caller number? I see the greeting, but I don't see an option to just set it to blocked numbers...do I have to add everyone else to a group and give them one and then make that the default or something?

brianr0131

Reaction score
Matt go to youmail.com and have fun...there are lots of settings.

please post back about battery life. I dropped youmail and I think I am getting better battery life now. Can you please comment on your experience after a few days?

Thanks

brianr0131

Reaction score
Ok, how do I make it so that all unknown or blocked callers get that blocked caller number? I see the greeting, but I don't see an option to just set it to blocked numbers...do I have to add everyone else to a group and give them one and then make that the default or something?

Did you upload your contact list from the phone program?

OP
M

Matth3w

Yes I uploaded all the contacts. I will check my battery usage after tomorrow.

Phoxus

Reaction score
I don't like the fact youmail won't change my voicemails to text form for free...

I had it and they simply give my email the .wav or mp3 file and say if you want us to make it into text you gotta pay!

supahrob

Reaction score
I have been using YouMail for about 2 years now, and I have never had any issue with battery life at all... to be honest, I am not sure how it would have any effect on batter life in the first place. You dont HAVE to use their app for the Droid (I do, and as far as battery life, it's a non-issue)

Take care,
Rob