Anyone using Mugen or Seidio OEM-size extended batteries?

kjjb0204

Reaction score
I've seen the reviews about these batteries where people state they aren't really the stated capacity, but I've also seen people swear by them. I like that they don't increase the thickness, and since I've already spent $35 on a full body wrap I don't want to get the bigger door. Curious if anyone has seen significant run time on the 1700 mugen or seidio batteries. Thanks!

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I've seen the reviews about these batteries where people state they aren't really the stated capacity, but I've also seen people swear by them. I like that they don't increase the thickness, and since I've already spent $35 on a full body wrap I don't want to get the bigger door. Curious if anyone has seen significant run time on the 1700 mugen or seidio batteries. Thanks!
I don't run either the Mugen or the Seidio batteries, I have the extended battery from Verizon. But, I have read a number of post from users of both the Mugen and Seidio batteries, one user was using the 3400mAh battery from Mugen, and all have expressed disappointment. I understand about your investment in a full body wrap, but user reports about alternative batteries don't seem to be encouraging.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I don't run either the Mugen or the Seidio batteries, I have the extended battery from Verizon. But, I have read a number of post from users of both the Mugen and Seidio batteries, one user was using the 3400mAh battery from Mugen, and all have expressed disappointment. I understand about your investment in a full body wrap, but user reports about alternative batteries don't seem to be encouraging.

Agreed. I've never used Mugen batteries, but I have used Seidio. They don't give you anywhere near the life of the OEM batteries. You'll be lucky if the "extended" batteries they offer that fit with the standard back of the Droid Pro give you the same battery life that the standard OEM battery gives you.

TVJ

Reaction score
I tried the Seidio 1700 battery and the Verizon 1800. As you might expect the Verizon battery gave better results. I then ordered the Mugen 3400 and have been using it for several weeks now. It obviously has much better life than the 1700 and 1800 batteries. As to whether it is "disappointing," since there is really nothing comparable to compare it with, that is just a subjective opinion. For me, the much improved battery life is worth the extra bulk (it comes with a nice back for the phone). I'm happy with the 3400.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I tried the Seidio 1700 battery and the Verizon 1800. As you might expect the Verizon battery gave better results. I then ordered the Mugen 3400 and have been using it for several weeks now. It obviously has much better life than the 1700 and 1800 batteries. As to whether it is "disappointing," since there is really nothing comparable to compare it with, that is just a subjective opinion. For me, the much improved battery life is worth the extra bulk (it comes with a nice back for the phone). I'm happy with the 3400.
+1 ...although I don't find the Verizon extended battery that much of "extra bulk" from the stock. I'd much rather have the extra battery life than worry about such a small difference in size.

rocket_girl

Reaction score

I ordered Mugen 3400 and received probable counterfeit (labeled for 'Driod Pro'). Phone could not read it (knew this was likely) and never lasted more than 7-8 hrs. Motorola 1800 extended is far superior. Wrote to seller who did not dispute assertion that it was a fake and agreed to take return. Really wanted to like the Mugen - interested in hearning from others & learning whether my knock-off was a fluke (Mugen is supposedly great)... but will stick w/ Moto from now on.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

rocket_girl

Reaction score

I ordered Mugen 3400 and received probable counterfeit (labeled for 'Driod Pro'). Phone could not read it (knew this was likely) and never lasted more than 7-8 hrs. Motorola 1800 extended is far superior. Wrote to seller who did not dispute assertion that it was a fake and agreed to take return. Really wanted to like the Mugen - interested in hearning from others & learning whether my knock-off was a fluke (Mugen is supposedly great)... but will stick w/ Moto from now on.

BTW, ordered from Mugen - not eBay, etc... only leqrned afterward that Mugen is really a global web of individual distributors - like Avon. Or tupperware...

zenivzen

Reaction score
have had good results of life capacity with a seidio replacement battery, not an extended one however. but still it needs to be stated that actual measurement is near impossible when initial firmware is programmed against non-Moto batteries. even the app Battery Left Pro can't read my seidio battery. i had the original Moto Droid and installed that same app and it was able to take readings on the same seidio battery that the Droid Pro can't.
i eventually got the verizon extended battery and i recommend that if you need to know with some kind of accuracy how long your battery may last.

heyyclifford

Reaction score
Theres a OEM battery being sold on amazon i wasnt sure if it would be compatible with my droid pro. Its the old droid x battery. Would u happen to know if it was?

Sent from my DROID PRO

dettofatto

Reaction score
My mugen 1700 is ok, i have about 20% more than the stock...!
I've deleted also batterystats.bin and then recalibrated...

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Theres a OEM battery being sold on amazon i wasnt sure if it would be compatible with my droid pro. Its the old droid x battery. Would u happen to know if it was?

Sent from my DROID PRO

Droid x battery will not work.

Sent from my RZRecovery'd Overclocked, and ROM'd Droid.

TVJ

Reaction score
I have not had any problems with my Mugen 3400. I go at least a couple of days between charges and my phone always shows the percent of charge remaining. (I use the Battery Doctor app - don't really know how much that impacts battery life.)

zenivzen

Reaction score
to heyclifford,
if it is off amazon it could be a knockoff. you may get what you pay for. so, bottom line, buyer beware. make sure it's the BP7X and it will fit. also, i'm curious, what seller are you looking at?

heyyclifford

Reaction score
They wernt the extended battery's it was just the oem battery's for the droid x. Which i thought would work for the droid pro but unfortunately it def would not work. I ended up just buying 3 standard 1390 mah cell batteries with the charger for 50 bucks instead of paying 50 bucks for the 1800 mah extended battery that only gives an extra 20 percent charge i would rather have seperate bats that i can have at 100 percent charge instead of having to plug the extended battery in for the charge

Sent from my DROID PRO