Anyone using Chainfire3D on your GS3?

Batman8

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to successfully use Chainfire3D to emulate Nvidia, PowerVR devices etc. on your Verizon Galaxy S3? I tried once, but could not get any of the plugins to install or show up so I'm wondering if it's even compatible. Please let me know if you are using it, and if so, what version are you running

I would LOVE to be able to play some of my older Android games from past phones.

Thanks.

Last edited:
OP
B

Batman8

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply ChristSoldier. I tried installing it on my S3 since I used it all the time on my Bionic and DX, but after running it on my S3 I still had no pluggins nor any options to install pluggins like there used to be.

Do you still get options to emulate Nvidia, PowerVR and Adreno cpu's, and if you don't mind me asking...what games are you able to run with it?

ChristSoldier

Reaction score
Yes I have all emulation options. I have only played shadow gun, GOF2 THD, backstab, and Splinter Cell Conviction. Also, even though it's supposed for be compatible because I purchased it specifically for my phone off Gameloft, I can only play modern Combat with chainfire enabled as well. My phone is rooted by the way. I'm assuming you are aware it is a necessity? I had a Bionic as well using Google chainfire. Also the razr. Off subject, but this is the first non Motorola phone I've had. Don't know about you but despite what a lot of people say about moto being the best phones, this phone is better built and blows everything out of the water.

Last edited:
OP
B

Batman8

Reaction score
ChristSoldier, thanks again for your reply...but I have one more question for you: "Where in the heck did you find the Chainfire pluggins for you GS3?????" This has been driving me crazy because the app won't download them on it's own no matter how I try, when it used to on my DX and on my Bionic! I even tried through CWR but nothing works. So now the app is installed but with ZERO pluggins. Please help direct me to the location where you got yours. Thanks!

OP
B

Batman8

Reaction score
Thanks MUCH SEMPERFIDELIS!!!! That's what I was looking for. I actually did pay for the Pro version back when this app came out (I think I was using my DX back then) but I forgot that you actually have to place the pluggins in your root dir BEFORE Chainfire will find and install them.

I'm looking forward to getting some of my old favorite games to play now on my GS3!

Thanks again for the help.

OP
B

Batman8

Reaction score
Hey ChristSoldier,

What version of apk did you install for BackStab and Splinter Cell? Also which CF3D pluggin/settings did you find works best for your GS3? Thanks.

Last edited:
OP
B

Batman8

Reaction score
Hey Folks, since ChristSoldier won't respond anymore [must be off fighting a spiritual war or something ;) ], so can anyone else please tell me what games you have been able to play on your GS3 with Chainfire3D? As mentioned above, I used it all the time on other devices but I can't get one single game to play when using it on my GS3! So I'm just looking for a few game settings for Chainfire3D (preferably for Gameloft games since those are the ones that I can't play anymore). I've tried at least a dozen different games but I may be using the wrong version of the apk files, or just simply using the wrong settings or pluggins in Chainfire3D.

Can anyone tell me the apk version and CF3D settings that worked for your GS3 so I can at least confirm that CF3D is at least working on this device? That would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! Thanks.

P.S. - I'm REALLY looking to play Backstab, 9MM, H.A.W.X.2, Splinter Cell or even though this is a long shot...Streetfighter IV HD if possible. Thanks again!

ChristSoldier

Reaction score
Sorry about that...took a sabbatical (just kiddin). I actually deleted Backstab and SC. Beat them and had no need to play. Sorry about that. If it helps, I still have Galaxy On Fire 2 HD. NVIDIA plug in, unrolled texture and dumped shaders is only ring I have manually changed to get it running. I have in game graphics set at highest level and it works beautifully. It is version 1.0.3. Hope that helps.

OP
B

Batman8

Reaction score
Sorry about that...took a sabbatical (just kiddin). I actually deleted Backstab and SC. Beat them and had no need to play. Sorry about that. If it helps, I still have Galaxy On Fire 2 HD. NVIDIA plug in, unrolled texture and dumped shaders is only ring I have manually changed to get it running. I have in game graphics set at highest level and it works beautifully. It is version 1.0.3. Hope that helps.

Actually, NO. That info doesn't help me at all because I have absolutely no interest in playing "Galaxy On Fire 2" and therefore I have no need for it's settings in Chainfire3D either since that game has nothing to do with getting Backstab OR Splinter Cell to run!

Unfortunately you happen to be the only person in the world that I could find who claims to have been able to play Backstab and/or Splinter Cell on a Verizon GS3 (which I found amazing since I can't get it to run no matter what, and apparently no one else has either). But I guess now since you have conveniently deleted the games before replying, have no idea where you got the games from or what version apk files you used, nor any of the Chainfire3D settings needed for the games to run...I guess me and rest of the world will never know! Enjoy Galaxy On Fire 2.

Last edited:

ChristSoldier

Reaction score
Well I'll have to do something about that then. I am, as we speak, reinstalling backstab from a TB. Can't seem to find SC, but I will keep looking for it as well, may have it backed up on the cloud. Sorry I made you disgruntled or angry...only trying to help.

OP
B

Batman8

Reaction score
Thanks ChristSoldier. Anything that you can do to help me play "BackStab" or "Splinter Cell" on my GS3 will surely be GREATLY APPRECIATED! But I really have no interest in "GOF2".

ChristSoldier

Reaction score
Ok, well I lied. I just downloaded SC, can't find backstab. I'll look tonight when I get off work. SC is working fine so far. I'll send you version info and chainfire information in a bit.

ChristSoldier

Reaction score
Ok, here's the skinny. Still working well. V 1.0.0, unrolled texture, Disable Mapbuffer emu, use plug in NVIDIA, and dumped shaders. Hope that helps. Still looking for Backstab.