Anyone using a credit card swiper on Droid X?

eyegee

Reaction score
I need to use my phone to take credit card payments. I'm considering Square Up and Go Payment (by Intuit). The Square Up website says you can't swipe cards on the Droid X using Android OS 2.3.4 -- you have to enter the info manually. The service charge is much higher for manually entered transactions vs. swiped ones.

Does anyone have experience with either Square Up or Go Payment, or have a suggestion for working around the conflict with OS2.3.4? I'm not sure how to install a previous OS, or if that is something I even want to do.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Beth850

Reaction score
The new square readers will not work with the droid x running 2.3.4 if you can get one of the old readers it might work. Intuit does work but they charge over 3% for non qualified cards. On the other hand pay anywhere works well with my X the discount rate is 2.69% no monthly fees, the reader is free also. You do have to apply for a merchant account but the online process is easy. I just received my reader so I haven't had a chance to make use of it yet but it does swipe well with my phone and it's very sturdy. I did a test charge the funds were in my account within 3 business days. With pay anywhere you can also set up an inventory within the app a feature I really like. Hope this helps.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

jerryq2

Reaction score
The guy that just made a key for my car had the square reader and a droid x. I am not sure if it was the old one or the new one but he said he loved it and it worked really well plus no fees.

schatzy62

Reaction score
I have been using Square for about 6 months now with my Droid X and no problems. Could be their new readers are different and wont work. Not sure but mine from 6 months ago works great.

HPSOBX

Reaction score
Droid x and square

Hello All.

Signed up last week for square. waiting on reader to arrive and completed (3) manual transactions - All went well. While waiting on reader and reading forum. found article about droid x not compatible with reader.

Just received reader. just did a test run with square reader. ALL WORKING PERFECT.

Not sure were people or the conflict of why it says not compatible. droid x running os 2.3.4

Can anyone explain why it is working for me correctly then.

hps

:):):):):)

Beth850

Reaction score
They fixed the problem so when I updated the app the new readers worked. I've been with square for some time now here's my advice. The readers aren't made to last so get an extra one, then a month later get another one. I have 4 right now some work better than others. Also check often for updates.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Trigg22

Reaction score
I'm using a similar service named PhoneSwipe from moblized.com. Loving the app and there service so far. Worth checking out the very least. :biggrin: