Anyone using a Cisco VPN on MIUI?

glynch

Reaction score
No problem. It has been pissing me off for a while, glad I can put it to rest.:)

I have noticed the same problem with other ROM's as well. I am testing the same fix for them as well now.

OP
I

ipadl

Reaction score
The answer that many have given me in the past is that "tun.ko is built into the kernal" which appears to be only 1/2 true. tun.ko must also exist in the systems/lib/modules as well as you so astutely discovered.

anyway, I'm stoked that this is working now, so once again, thanks.

Seth

glynch

Reaction score
That is the same answer I always got too. I know I had the same problem on the latest version of Metickmod also. I just performed a fresh install and made sure it still wasn't working, then performed the same fix. VPN connections now works on there too:icon_ banana:

The only difference is that I tried it with the stock kernel, so I didn't have to install the chevy kernel.

So now at least I know it can be fixed on other ROM's as well, which is important be that I am a flashaholic. lol

fullhouse131

Reaction score
Any help would greatly be aprreciated I installed VPN Connections, have loaded tun.ko in the /system/lib/modules folder.

I am running MIUI 1.1.7 will this work with an a Cisco IPSec VPN?

Thanks

OP
I

ipadl

Reaction score
Did you install a Chevy kernal? Make sure you read all of the instructions above on this page and post back. I have moved away from MIUI (gasp!) so haven't checked with the latest versions.