Anyone used the psouza4 bloat removel script recently?

yastern

Reaction score
I'm a bit behind the curve and just recently rooted my Droid 3. I'd like to go ahead and remove the bloatware. I'm considering using the script posted by psouza4 on XDA, but wanted to check and make sure that it still works OK. Has anyone used it recently? Is there some alternative approach that I should consider?
Thanks for your help

Shimmy549

Reaction score
I don't know anything about the script. I'm assuming it removes everything that is safe to remove, which is a cool idea.

I just freeze bloatware. I downloaded Titanium Backup and froze everything I didn't want and need.

If the script does what I think it does-remove everything that's definitely safe to remove-I'd recommend it to someone who doesn't want to leave anything to chance.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

nu2droid

Reaction score
His script actually doesn't remove anything. His script renames the bloat files. It asks which ones you want, you answer y/n. Then it just adds .bak to each file, i.e. blurfile.apk.bak..
It works well and is real easy to undo..

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Shimmy549

Reaction score
Never even thought of that.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Cdjones187

Reaction score
If you don't know 0 of what your doing, I highly suggest using his script. Because the "bloatware" it freezes is completely safe to freeze. Otherwise you could end up having to fastboot if you freeze the wrong setting/applications. Good luck.