Anyone Used a Motorola Portable Power Pack

rherron

Reaction score
I am thinking of grabbing one of these as they are not too expensive and I just pre-ordered the RAZR and I'm thinking "just in case..."
univ_portable_power_pack.png

Seems like a way to charge up the battery, even if to only 50-60%, if you had to have more juice and and had no access to a charger.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Nice, how much was it? Mind providing a link?

OP
rherron

rherron

Reaction score
The link there doesn't indicate that it's for the RAZR, I know. They are universal. Amazon has the same device listed for about 15 different model Motorola phones.

Heywood

Reaction score
Just throwing this out there for you guys and gals...

Its obviously bigger but it has so many applications its ridiculous. I own two of these, purchased them almost 5 years ago and both still go strong as day one. I have even powered small desktop lamps when camping. Mine are older revisions of the product and have direct AC plugs as well as USB ports. They also double as inverters.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002FU6KG6/ref=mp_s_a_2?qid=1319926235&sr=8-2

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

Very nice, thanks for this! If you could, when you do receive and use it mind posting a small review? Debating on getting something like this, and this has a small profile to it, so be good to carry around just in case.

Just throwing this out there for you guys and gals...

Its obviously bigger but it has so many applications its ridiculous. I own two of these, purchased them almost 5 years ago and both still go strong as day one. I have even powered small desktop lamps when camping. Mine are older revisions of the product and have direct AC plugs as well as USB ports. They also double as inverters.

Duracell Powerhouse USB Charger with Lithium ion battery / includes universal cable with USB and mini USB,:Amazon:Health & Personal Care

Thanks for posting this, definitely going to look into it, would definitely come in handy for all sorts of things and not just my phone.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Thanks for posting this, definitely going to look into it, would definitely come in handy for all sorts of things and not just my phone.

+1
That is very cool. I am probably going to check it or something similar out :smile-b:

OP
rherron

rherron

Reaction score
Sure. I'll post a little review right here. It will arrive sooner than my RAZR I am sure, but I'll test it out on my PRO and on my wife's BlackBerry and let you know how it works. I also have a DROID Titanium (on Sprint) through work (hate it because the thing is 2G), so I can test that too. And then with the RAZR when I get that.

OP
rherron

rherron

Reaction score
Didn't work at all. Did absolutely nothing. Didn't charge the phone. It simply doesn't work.

Tried it on my DROID Pro as well as my DROID Titanium. It didn't work on either. The micro USB connector was pretty crappy too. It was very difficult to plug into the phones. I am going to return it. I may stop by a Verizon store and look at one there but I would say the $17 "OEM" version of this that I got from Amazon is a total piece of crap.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Didn't work at all. Did absolutely nothing. Didn't charge the phone. It simply doesn't work.

Tried it on my DROID Pro as well as my DROID Titanium. It didn't work on either. The micro USB connector was pretty crappy too. It was very difficult to plug into the phones. I am going to return it. I may stop by a Verizon store and look at one there but I would say the $17 "OEM" version of this that I got from Amazon is a total piece of crap.

Sorry to hear, but thanks for sharing this. Definitely going to take it off my list of things to get.

Maybe you got a dud? Either way I'll be staying away from it.