Anyone use the "Locale" app?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Sweet Kitten Feet, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Sweet Kitten Feet

Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds cool setting phone, volume, notification profiles, etc. based on location. just don't want to pay 10 bucks for it without hearing some first hand recommendations.

2. CrashnBrn

CrashnBrn Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I use it and love it. BUT. 10 bucks is way to much, plus most of the good plug-ins cost extra.

What kind of app are you looking for? There are other apps with similar functionality.

3. drummerq

drummerq Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yea,

i used the free one when it was out but now that its 10 bucks thats a little steep

but then again you pay like 100$ a month for the phone, whats a 1 time fee of 10$

Amazing app, depends on weather u want to dish out the cash

4. ripstar

ripstar New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had it for a while but didn't work. It rarely worked actually.

5. jamko101

jamko101 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I also used it when it was in Beta... and was free. It came very handy for silencing my phone every night and I got so used to it automatically silencing, that after the Beta period expired and I removed the app, I kept waking up to a loud "DRRROOIIDDDDD" sound in the middle of night whenever I got some message. It was amazingly useful but probably won't pay $10 for it... kinda of a hefty fee.

6. superglen99

superglen99 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I enjoyed the app while it was free. I had it set to turn wifi on when I got home and off when I left. Also silence and dim my phone when I went to bed. Pretty neat

7. Detonation

Detonation Member

Ratings:
    +6
    I was interested in it but didn't want the GPS running all the time and draining my battery.

Instead I got an app called "timeriffic" which allows you to configure the same settings based on time rather than location. For example, every morning M-F at 7:30am my phone is set to vibrate for work and at 4:30pm its set to turn the ringer back on when I'm home.

You can change the ringer, ringer volume, notification volume, vibration, wifi, bluetooth, airplane mode, and brightness. Not quite as automated as using location, but if you have a consistent schedule everything then it works great.

8. Sweet Kitten Feet

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks. If I do buy and don't like it, is there a way to request a refund? I've never paid for any of my apps before. I'll check out timeriffic too.

9. Detonation

Detonation Member

Ratings:
    +6
    With any app you buy you have 24 hours where you can uninstall it and get a refund.

10. giant25

giant25 Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo
    I've said it before, but the app to get is "Setting Profiles." It is a great Locale replacement, and it's way better. There's a free version and full version ($2.95). Go search other posts on this app. Then download it. I use it everyday.

11. anewday

anewday Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm surprised there aren't many posts on Locale here.

12. ci2019

ci2019 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Another app to look out for is Tasker. Very powerful and replaces just about anything I needed Locale to do. Locale was sporadic, mainly for my location based items. Definitely not worth $10 in my opinion. I do think it was more than free though.

Tasker is in beta now and last I heard was April timeframe for release. Looks promising and beta works well.

Search tags for this page

locale app free