Anyone use the FoxFi App

marcelo

Reaction score
I just installed foxfi. Worked great right off the bat. Thanks everyone! Noticably slower than my home DSL wifi but on 3G network. Can't wait for 4G, verizon says in 6 months.dancedroid

Gleason81

Reaction score
I was going to know if anyone has been using the foxfi app. And have you occured any fees/charges with using it?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

I am grandfathered under "unlimited data" and can assure you I use A LOT of data. I use the FoxFi app with much success. I do recommend it! Be informed though, that it does take longer to connect to the internet...takes a couple of minutes to connect to the internet when using FoxFi with your computer/laptop... noticeably longer than traditional connections...so be patient...don't assume it isn't "connecting"...give it a couple extra minutes...but once connected you'll enjoy decent speed. I say this because I've seen maybe people say it won't connect but IMO I think they are a little too impatient waiting for the app to connect with your computer/laptop.

mykl376

Reaction score
It works fine for me still. I don't use it much, but it's nice to have the option when needed. My laptop and the wife's iPad connect just fine. On a recent trip, she lost data on her iPad(AT&T) and I turned on foxfi so she could continue facebooking and pinteresting. I love giving her crap when she has little or no signal, and I look on my phone and have a strong signal with Verizon! Maybe different in other parts of the country but in my area of Florida, Verizon is by far the best for signal. AT&T is second. Sprint is horrible when you get out of town here.

Reaction score
Have been using it for a week and haven't had any issues. Played battlefield 3 on Xbox live using it (on 3g) without any lagging. My ipad and laptop have worked great using it