Anyone Upgrading to Droid X when released?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by jeffjano, Jun 29, 2010.

1. jeffjano

jeffjano New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone Upgrading to Droid X when released? Want Bugless Beast?

I asked Pete if he would develop on the Droid X when it is released but he cant afford one.

I myself and switching to the Droid X for many reasons. I love my droid but mainly because of Petes development and Bugless Beast. I would love to see a Bugless Beast on the Droid X when it comes out.

This thread is started to make donations to Pete so he can buy a Droid X once its released and continue doing his great work on another device. He now develops on an EVO because i believe people were able to get him enough money to buy 1.

Click Donate and for Purpose put in "For Purchase of Droid X for Development"

#1 jeffjano, Jun 29, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
  2. cuzzinz

cuzzinz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Jeff... why would you switch to the droid X so quickly? why not wait for them to work a few bugs out... and get root first?

Wouldn't that the most sense?

Plus you will get a better price if you wait for the dust to settle lol.

That is pretty much my plan... That and possibly even hold out for any other android phones moto might release at the end of this year... droid pro?

3. hett

hett Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I am planning to upgrade to one, yeah. Was set on a Droid 2 but I am starting to feel like I can sacrifice the keyboard with a screen that large in addition to swype. I'm planning to wait 'til it's got Froyo, though.

4. jeffjano

jeffjano New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am switching right away because i really want a larger screen and honestly i really cant stand the physical kb. I never use it and always have a problem with it opening while in my pocket. More annoyances then anything else. Its the best phone i have ever owned but i just think the X will suit my needs a little more.

5. jeffjano

jeffjano New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah 1 of my very few problems with the Droid is the kb. I just dont like it and never use it. I have been thinking incredible for a while but AMOLED screens are a joke in my opinion. The Droid X seems like a complete device. I know there will be much better in the future but for now the Droid X beats the Droid and am looking to upgrade now.

6. hett

hett Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I actually like the keyboard on the Droid a lot [though it's no G1 keyboard], but I have gotten so good with the stock VKB that, with the addition of Swype, I very rarely pull out the real keyboard. That being said, I do enjoy having it there when I am frustrated with the screen. Not having it will be an adjustment for sure.

7. chuk1005

chuk1005 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I will be getting a X but im keeping my droid as well, as I fear development will be slow to non existent on the X....hopefully im wrong

8. cuzzinz

cuzzinz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have seen a few of the camera comparissons on the droid X with the iPhone 4... I am not impressed by the droid X and will be waiting till they get their act together.

The camera is my only gripe on the Droid... Apple did well with their camera... granted I still dont think it is as good as my 2 year old Samsung omnia... it is still much better than the Droid camera.

9. tameone

tameone Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Who knows, Droid X and other future Moto phones might be plagues by the bootloader crap from the Milestone? Don't get ahead of yourselves here people!

10. nagmier

nagmier Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'll be getting an X but for my wife she currently has a BB Storm2 and keeps trying to steal my Droid... so while it would be nice to see it rooted etc its not important for her...

11. RobStemen

RobStemen Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm waiting to see what Android 3.0-toting, LTE-using, Wireless Tethering, physical keyboard-equipped beast comes out about the time for me to upgrade. I did drop my Droid in the toilet and thought about getting me a Droid X, but now my Droid works just fine, so I got over that.

12. Axium

Axium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    wait. you dropped your droid in the toilet and it still works? what a beast... lmao