anyone upgrade from droid razar maxx hd to droid maxx?

hondatech35

Reaction score
has anyone upgraded from the droid razar maxx hd?Is it worth it?Is the screen any better.I looked at it in a Verizon store the other day and its a lot thinner and easier to hold than razar maxx hd.

jojo_blu

Reaction score
I had the Droid Razr Maxx HD for 6 months. I love it. I just got the new Droid Maxx. I still love the Razr Maxx hd size etc...
I like both phones a lot. I was going to sell my Maxx hd, but im holding on to it for a little while.
I can't tell any diff about the screen.
Both phones are sexy!
The new Maxx does have some new cool features like - hello Google now & the quick camera, just tap the screen & it keeps taking pics - 2gb ram which does help speed up the phone.
The new Maxx doesn't have a SD slot. I have 5gb left in my new Maxx & no SD card slot to expand that. That's a down side. My Maxx hd has 32gb + i had a 32gb sd card. that's flexibility.
I am torn as to if its worth upgrading, I like both. sorry if this wasn't to much help

lobstah24

Reaction score
Upgraded from the RAZR to the MAXX. Love this phone. Thank God I waited a bit more...I almost got the RAZR Maxx HD but looked on the Verizon site and noticed that there were some new phones coming out. FINALLY the stars align for me!

Hodor

Reaction score
has anyone upgraded from the droid razar maxx hd?Is it worth it?Is the screen any better.I looked at it in a Verizon store the other day and its a lot thinner and easier to hold than razar maxx hd.

It's just my 2 cents, but I don't look at it as an upgrade, more like a lateral move.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I just made the move yesterday to the Maxx from the Maxx HD. We'll see what I think once the "new phone" feeling wears off, but so far I am liking it. I do notice a difference in the screen, but it's not something that is going to blow you away.

Mr.Rotorflyr

Reaction score
The new Maxx doesn't have a SD slot. I have 5gb left in my new Maxx & no SD card slot to expand that. That's a down side. My Maxx hd has 32gb + i had a 32gb sd card. that's flexibility. I am torn as to if its worth upgrading, I like both. sorry if this wasn't to much help

The sad fact seems to be more and more phones are doing away with SD card slots, on the up side, if you don't mind carrying a small reader, you can always order one of these:
https://shopmeenova.appspot.com/st/p/m3r.html or these http://2leef.com/store/product/bridge/ and have additional storage on hand.

Last edited:

TGZee

Reaction score
I upgraded from a regular Droid Razr to the Maxx. OMG The only thing these two phones share is the branding, Motorola Droid. The Maxx is beyond AWESOME. My Razr would have to be on charger at least twice a day. That's fully charged and discharged at least twice a day. I made it through 29 hours the first day on the Maxx with about 8 or 9 hours of movie watching & playing games. I also played with it for about 4 hours configuring it, installing things, and in general looking around. This is the second $300 phone that I've purchased. The first was the Bionic. What a disappointment. The Maxx is everything I've ever dreamed of in a phone. Now if we could just get more accessories for it... mounts, cases, etc...

R

RETG

It's just my 2 cents, but I don't look at it as an upgrade, more like a lateral move.

I agree. Only reason I upgraded was the Razr Maxx HD did't live trough the 30+ fall onto the hard surface. Could not find any Razr Maxx HDs so I went with the Droid Maxx.

eold

Reaction score
I have a razr maxx HD, and i think that razr Maxx will be my next phone..!

Inviato dal mio DROID RAZR HD utilizzando Tapatalk

Pinzgauer

Reaction score
When I got my Maxx I was blown away. The speed and voice recognition is unbelievable. For the very first time (and I went through every Droid model as they became available) I felt "this is what a smartphone should be like".
Several months later I still have no complaints. I have seen speeds of 36 megs on LTE. I don’t even jump on my wireless router at home since my AT&T DSL only goes up to 16 in my neighborhood .