1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Anyone try the ported Gingerbread KB?

Discussion in 'cvpcs' started by RW-1, Dec 7, 2010.

1. RW-1

RW-1 New Member

Just wondering, I'm on 1.1.1 and might delve into it later this week, seems Peter corrected the auto correct,

I figure it shouldn't have any issues, as our ROM doesn't have anything on top of the stock KB ...
  2. blueaurora

blueaurora New Member

Yeah I pulled the modified one that corrects the dictionary logic and it is working fine. It isn't that big of a deal unless you are in the landscape mode. Dictionary thing was a big help because that hasn't been working on a few of my 1.1x versions from CVPCS

But it works fine on 1.1.5 for me.

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
  3. AuroEdge

AuroEdge New Member

The posted keyboard works well. Nice!
  4. RW-1

RW-1 New Member

Yeah, I posted on the other mod thread on it.

I didn't have to look for or uncheck a second android kb, nor select english, it was a straightforward update.

Takes a bit to get used to though, long presses do much more, but damn! It is nice, faster and more accurate than the previous stock one IMO.
  5. Spyder RT

Spyder RT New Member

I just installed it into ShadowROM and I love it.
  6. HarvesterX™

HarvesterX™ Member

What is the big issue here with the lacking multi-touch. The Droid 2 keyboard works fine...is there something I'm missing here? I'm on 1.1.1 with Avalon and use this KB simply because of the sex appeal, but I'm still typing more slowly than with my d2 keyboards. Seriously, does anybody know the technical reason why Google hasn't implemented this? Or is it that the port is just lacking it bit the official build has it? So confused.

On a positive note, I've finally started on my first apk project. Thanks Stephen for motivation to actually download and configure my IDE and workspace! You rock.