Anyone try the new paid Locale app yet?

heatmisr

Reaction score
I am currently using the free beta version. I checked the website for updates and saw that they have a new version now, 1.0 that is paid. $10. They removed the calendar condition for now, but supposedly the GPS locating is improved.

I was just wondering if anyone had made the leap yet to see if it is worth plunking down $10. I'm not ready to be the guinea pig since I use the calendar for my situations.

TekHawk

Reaction score
I was playing with the beta and found that putting a gps cloud over the city and a smaller one of my out to update my status as home, and driving around town always seems to never show me home no matter what order they where one the list in so decided not to get the full version and gps spaming seemed to kill battery life a bit

eleao

Reaction score
Locale bought just over a month and today began to appear a message that the version was expired and that I should upgrade to continue using, but try to upgrade I see I am obliged to buy the new version.

As a program for which I paid for working and forces me to upgrade if this update is paid? The version I bought should continue running and update should be optional if it has to be bought again.

Does anyone know if this is right? To continue using have to pay again?

Derekweb

Reaction score
I really liked the features of Locale. But Google maps can pinpoint my house, and locale is two blocks away, so I uninstalled. Why don;t the mashup Google maps for a better location fix?

eleao

Reaction score
Locale bought just over a month and today began to appear a message that the version was expired and that I should upgrade to continue using, but try to upgrade I see I am obliged to buy the new version.

As a program for which I paid for working and forces me to upgrade if this update is paid? The version I bought should continue running and update should be optional if it has to be bought again.

Does anyone know if this is right? To continue using have to pay again?

The Forty Two replied that I don't have to pay for the new version and it must have been some problem with my account on the market. Now just wait for the update instructions. :)

stravis

Reaction score
You might try Tasker. It's much much more versatile and a little cheaper.

BuglessFan

Reaction score
Seems like unless there was a time limit mentioned, you have a right to complain to Google (not sure where it'll get you). I love the current version and only bought it less than a month ago. I know I'll be ticked if they try to milk more money out of me without telling me at the time of purchase that it is subject to being disabled unilaterally in the future.