Anyone try the ezeStand with TB?

Reaction score
I'm curious as towards how well the ezeStand (either classic or XL) works with the Thunderbolt? Namely will either one of them trigger the multimedia dock (or in my case Bedside)? Thanks very much in advance.

Reaction score
I'm curious as towards how well the ezeStand (either classic or XL) works with the Thunderbolt? Namely will either one of them trigger the multimedia dock (or in my case Bedside)? Thanks very much in advance.

ezeStand - Droid Owners

Very interesting, and fairly cheap too. However, plugging into it will not trigger any sort of functions (multimedia, bedside clock), it is only a charger/stand. What it would be really good for is using as an alarm clock (just tap the stock clock to bring up nighttime alarm clock mode) and for charging while watching videos or video chatting. Good find!

evereddie

Reaction score
I don't see how this would work for a TB in landscape mode. Is there a place for the power connector?

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
Laying it on it's side, the T-Bolt works in the original ezestand. It is just offset a lil bit. It barely squeezes in standing up, and stops at the power connector. I have 3 of these stands. I had bought for my Droid 1. I still use them, but they are not perfect for my X or my T-Bolt. But can be used.

Now to buy them, for the T-Bolt if they were made for the Droid 1, I would pass. I only use them because I own them already, and they do the job needed.

I Do like the product. I see they are now making them to fit the X. So I would think they would also fit the T-Bolt too.

As for triggering the multimedia in the T-Bolt, I have moved magnets all around the back and front of it and have not been able to make that happen yet.

Drop Todd at ezestand a post or a pm and ask him like I just did tonight.

evereddie

Reaction score
Laying it on it's side, the T-Bolt works in the original ezestand. It is just offset a lil bit. It barely squeezes in standing up, and stops at the power connector. I have 3 of these stands. I had bought for my Droid 1. I still use them, but they are not perfect for my X or my T-Bolt. But can be used.

Now to buy them, for the T-Bolt if they were made for the Droid 1, I would pass. I only use them because I own them already, and they do the job needed.

I Do like the product. I see they are now making them to fit the X. So I would think they would also fit the T-Bolt too.

As for triggering the multimedia in the T-Bolt, I have moved magnets all around the back and front of it and have not been able to make that happen yet.

Oops! My mistake for not quoting. I was referring to the Coaster. From what I saw in the photos it doesn't have a place for the charging cord where it is located on the TB.

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G

Oops! My mistake for not quoting. I was referring to the Coaster. From what I saw in the photos it doesn't have a place for the charging cord where it is located on the TB.

Almost the same spot as the Droid X. Lower Left hand side.

evereddie

Reaction score
I still don't think we are on the same page. I am talking about the Smartphone Coasters. See image.

lrg_4.jpg

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
I still don't think we are on the same page. I am talking about the Smartphone Coasters. See image.

lrg_4.jpg

This in the picture is not an Ezestand, I thought this was what you had asked about. But on that stand, if you put the TBolt upright, you can plug the power cord in. Laying as it is in the picture, you would have to lay it on it's right side to be bale to plug the power wire in.

This is the stand I was talking about the new ezestand Xl I believe it is called.

Trimetric.jpg