1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Anyone tried the Touchstone mod on the orig. DROID?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by nsteger123, Oct 24, 2010.

1. nsteger123

nsteger123 New Member

I really want something like this, but I don't want to break my phone. I was just wondering if someone has successfully done this mod on the DROID 1, or similiar device. As long as the back cover fits on, then I don't care.
  2. nsteger123

nsteger123 New Member

Bump, anyone?
  3. nsteger123

nsteger123 New Member

Bump..............dancedroiddancedroid
  4. sportsterBK8

sportsterBK8 New Member

I'll see what I can do

I'm an electrical engineering student, so I'll look into this, and see how they accomplished this on the Evo, then see if it's possible on the droid.

Should just be a battery mod hopefully, so I would hope that it wouldn't touch the phones hardware.

I'll post back in a while and see.

P.S. I looked into it. it SHOULD be possible without opening the phone, simply by opening the battery, and connecting the wires from the induction coil directly the the positive and negative leads on the battery, but don't quote me on that, I'm going to mess around with it in a few days and see if I can get it working.
  5. nsteger123

nsteger123 New Member

That's how i though it should work. But maybe not?
    Because on the Evo, it is connected to what i believe to be the positive and negative leads on the mainboard.
  6. sportsterBK8

sportsterBK8 New Member

Okay, so I'll do you one better.

So I didn't look so much at the touchstone, because the kits are order only etc. etc.

But I did make wireless charging for our droid one by picking up the EVO powermat starter kit from my local bestbuy and cutting open the EVO powermat door and hacking it together for our Droid 1's

I started a thread which will have the tutorial and pics, then I will use bondo and some solder to put it in a droid 1 case and make it look good, then post ANOTHER few pics.

Hopefully this will suffice instead of a touchstone, because it's still wireless charging, just with a different device.

Total cost: $60 U.S.

Hope that helps.
Search tags for this page
droid bionic palm touchstone mod
droid x2 mods
droid3 touchstone mod

incredible 2 touchstone

motorola droid razr touchstone
palm touchstone droid x2 hack
rezound touchstone