anyone tried a ps3 controller for games?

DroidFarmerBill

Reaction score
i just bought a cable off of amazon so i could use my ps3 controller for games like Dead trigger and Modern Combat on my xoom. wow let me tell you, if you like games on your phone or tablet, get a contoller hooked up to it, its an amazing difference. im going to try hooking the controller up to my bionic next, anyone ever tried this?

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dancingpixelstudios.sixaxiscontroller&hl=en

For $2 on the Play Store is an app called Sixaxis Controller that allows you to pair a PS3 controller to your Android device via bluetooth. Cables are so messy.

But yeah, I use this trick to play emulators and other stuff on my lapdock, since it can actually run that stuff on the ICS leak with Webtop 3.0. Oooh yeah the cool thing about Sixaxis is you can also create touchscreen profiles, so you choose where you want your D-Pad to be on the screen, or buttons and stuff, and it'll mimic and finger tap or whatever if on that coordinate of the screen if you push the button. Great for games that don't have hardware key configurations. :)

Cheers mate!

Tegamal

Reaction score
I can't recommend this app enough! I had all my friends at work completely jealous when I fired up Symphony of the Night & Super Mario All-Stars on my Bionic.

Graymayre

Reaction score
Yes, using the PS3 controller thru bluetooth and the sixaxis app is absolutely the best idea I have seen in mobile gaming. It definitely takes all the disadvantages away from using it as a retro gaming platform, and if you have it connected to your TV via HDMI, you are talking about an epic experience. Of course, though, I don't regularly game on my phone as it is just a little easier using emulators on the computer and connecting my controller to that.