Anyone thinking about ditching the Bionic/Verizon for Sprint/Epic 4g Touch???...

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'd love to switch for a SGSII variant, but Verizon has the best coverage in my area and I have unlimited data. I'm hoping they'll come out with an up to date device with a high end screen within the next 6 months.

don_juan

Reaction score
The “now network” is actually the “down network”. Sprint has the worst service imaginable. I had Sprint phone for a few months and when I traveled to various cities, I had a hard time receiving adequate service. I can’t imagine what will happen to Sprint’s network when the Galaxy S II and iPhone are running on unlimited data plans. Their service is poor at best, but I have a feeling it will be much worse (if that’s even possible) when people flock to Sprint for these powerhouse phones. But what is the point of having a great phone if you can't use it? Of course, some will say network depends on where you live, but even in areas where I had great Sprint coverage, the service was always unpredictable. Stay with Verizon and wait for the Prime.

idefiler6

Reaction score
I would not go to Sprint's subpar network for any phone. It's a wireless death sentence.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

don_juan

Reaction score
I would not go to Sprint's subpar network for any phone. It's a wireless death sentence.

I certainly agree! Sub par is a nice way to put it. Nothing is more frustrating than poor service, dropped calls and the circle on your phone going "round and round" waiting for data to come through.

kparks

Reaction score
I thought Sprint was great Im still upset I switched to VZW to be honest if ur on the east coast Sprint is great no problems at all.. can't speak on the west but I would switch back in a heartbeat.
Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

don_juan

Reaction score
I thought Sprint was great Im still pissed I switched to VZW to be honest if ur on the east coast Sprint is great no problems at all..

In Chesapeake, Norfolk, and Portsmouth, VA, it's the pits. The same goes for Raleigh and Durham, NC and Atlanta, GA. You may have 2-4 bars, but the service drops and has constant data connection issues in these areas on the east coast. These are all areas I have traveled. Maybe Sprint was good at one time, but with people flocking for these 80/month unlimited plans, I believe it will become even worse.

kparks

Reaction score
In Chesapeake, Norfolk, and Portsmouth, VA, it's the pits. The same goes for Raleigh and Durham, NC and Atlanta, GA. You may have 2-4 bars, but the service drops and has constant data connection issues in these areas on the east coast. These are all areas I have traveled. Maybe Sprint was good at one time, but with people flocking for these 80/month unlimited plans, I believe it will become even worse.

I had great connection in Norfolk va and atl ga. When I went there last not to long ago before I switched and I had no problems at all.. I live in Maryland.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Covington

Reaction score
Sprint is horrible here in North Louisiana. Everyone who has sprint here spend minutes holding their phones in the air looking for a better signal. Verizon is the best here with full bars of 3g everywhere I go and 3-5 bars of 4g here. Two 4g bars at my job while my sprint coworkers can only get a whooping total of 0 bars. They usually search the job for wifi or someone with Wireless teather...its sad.
Never ever switching over for any phone, even if it's the fabled 10 octo-core phone with 3 cameras shooting at 1280 HD running Jelly Bean!

redwood

Reaction score
This advice is always the best with phones. Sprint sucks in my area....its definitely a no go for me. But...AT&T works great where I am too. So for me if I do leave Verizon it would be for AT&T. I also thought today, I may start doing more traveling. Would I risk trying out AT&T to find out its only good where I live and not places I plan on going to?

But anyway, IMO always choose carrier first, phone 2nd. With a sucky connection....you might as well ditch the phone and data plans and get a PMP, hand held gaming device. (not counting recent strides like the Playstation Vita being able to use 3G...lol) If the phone is more important than the service, do what you gotta do.

Not only was vzw better in my area and even in my house than any others, just about wherever I go in the states I have coverage. If I'm with people who use other providers, they are usually first to lose signal. Only in a couple of very rural areas have I not had a signal - last to lose it and first to get it back. My initial purchase of a cellphone was when my wife got pregnant, so I did a lot of comparing - 'cause man when that call came I wanted to make sure I got it.

jp

dirtmaster88

Reaction score
I just switched from Sprint exactly 1 week ago today. I pretty much agree with all the statements already made in this thread. Pick whichever provider has the best service in your area. Not just signal strength/voice quality but solid data speeds. In my particular area sprint's data speeds have dropped significantly over the past year. I was actually using a verizon PRL for a little bit just to keep my sanity. Check out the evo 4g forums over at xda sometime and you'll hear all sorts of stories about inconsistent and horrible data speeds. That was one of my main justifications for switching...along with Sprint upping the administrative charge on my bill giving me the option to terminate with no ETFs :)