Anyone thinking about ditching the Bionic/Verizon for Sprint/Epic 4g Touch???...

powerwagon

Reaction score
Just curious, as it really upset me off to see Verizon pass up on the baddest phone on the planet (for now). Not really looking to get flamed, as I was just tossing the idea around in my head and was wondering if anyone else was thinking that way too. Hmmmm...

redwood

Reaction score
for me it all comes down to coverage...stuck with verizon despite of everything cause I need the best coverage. I too was upset when they dropped the Galaxy Sii, but I decided a long time ago to not switch networks for any given device

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
No. I enjoy making and receiving calls and having coverage.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Epic could have quad core 4ghz and ill still take the bionic on lte lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Seawolf

Reaction score
I have the old Alltel plan with unlimited data so I would be an idiot to ditch Verizon right now, but if I had one complaint about the Bionic right now it would be the lack of a physical shutter button for the camera like we had on the Droid 1. The quality of my photos on this new 8mp camera are worse than the 5mp on the D1 because tapping the screen to take a photo jerks the camera versus having a button you press down to focus then shoot like a real camera.
It wouldn't have taen anything to add a small two stage button opposite the volume buttons for the camera. This really ticked me off.

BTW- you can sit around waiting for the next best thing and never have anything. Phones come out so frequently that it's impossible to keep up with so get the best you can when it's time to upgrade and be happy. Then look forward to what will be available in 2 years when it's time to upgrade.

You wouldn't know we were in a recession the way people go through phones.

OP
powerwagon

powerwagon

Reaction score
CameraFX is a muuuuch better camera app than the original app. You can assign any button on the phone as your shutter button. It's not a two stage, but still much better than stock.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Oxymoron

Reaction score
I also, will stick with Verizon's network. It does seem as though sometimes that the other carriers get better phones. If a solid network is the trade off though, I'll just stick with verizon.

*customized tapatalk signature*

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
for me it all comes down to coverage...stuck with verizon despite of everything cause I need the best coverage. I too was pissed when they dropped the Galaxy Sii, but I decided a long time ago to not switch networks for any given device

This advice is always the best with phones. Sprint sucks in my area....its definitely a no go for me. But...AT&T works great where I am too. So for me if I do leave Verizon it would be for AT&T. I also thought today, I may start doing more traveling. Would I risk trying out AT&T to find out its only good where I live and not places I plan on going to?

But anyway, IMO always choose carrier first, phone 2nd. With a sucky connection....you might as well ditch the phone and data plans and get a PMP, hand held gaming device. (not counting recent strides like the Playstation Vita being able to use 3G...lol) If the phone is more important than the service, do what you gotta do.

See, for me I'm a simple man with simple needs. No matter how great the phone is, if it doesnt give me the same or better reception than my Droid X1, I dont want it. Only reason I kept my Droid X1 was it was a lil better with reception than my Droid 1. I know I'm one of a handful of ppl that actually use these phones as phones...lol Find out the pros n cons of any device, and if you can live with the cons, go for it.

colema

Reaction score
No way! Got unlimited data with vzw and am lovin' my bionic!