Anyone Test Charge Rate While Navigating?

therock

Reaction score
Has anyone seen what the battery level does while navigating? Does it hold, gain, or lose?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Has anyone seen what the battery level does while navigating? Does it hold, gain, or lose?

From what I see using a D2, and yes I understand that's a different phone, the amount of battery it uses when navigating is not as significant as you might think. I'd say a 45 minute navigation brings my battery down about 10%, that's all and that's with the display on.

Now the Inc 2 may be a whole different ball game, but I don't see how it could possibly lose more charge when connected to a charger.

anguish

Reaction score
After two separate 6+ hour trips (one Sunday, one Monday), it charges with the charger I was using, but very slowly. I estimate that I was probably around 50% charge when I began my trip on Sunday, and after 6+ hours of navigating, it was only around 80% charged.

Same thing with Monday's, although the percentages were different.

I will note, I'm using the car charger that I got with my Droid 2 Global with the window mount for the DINC2.

EDIT: Also, when making this similar trip in the past with the Droid 2 Global, I never had any issues with it not charging up to 100% while navigating...and this was probably from a low of 30-40%.

OP
therock

therock

Reaction score
Thanks, My OG Droid coming out of my Pioneer radio USB port or a Belkin Mini USB Cig adapter always gained ground. The phone charged when tethered too.

I read a test on the big Evo 4G that said the internals of the phone limited the incoming charge enough to cause a drain during navigation even when plugged in. I am hoping it is not the same for the Dinc2.

Your words are encouraging.

anguish

Reaction score
No drain, but definitely not charging as fast as I would have liked. Waiting for a response back from my Verizon rep on something I had inquired with him earlier on, going to talk to him about this as well.

ckburks

Reaction score
You also might want to make a profile for navigation. Mine gets real hot if I don't down it to 550mhz.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums