Anyone switching from RAZR?

Discussion in 'HTC Rezound' started by dx1968, Nov 15, 2011.

1. dx1968

dx1968 New Member

I got the Razr before the Rezound came out...regret I didn't wait to compare the two, but still can exchange.
    I always like Moto phones because being on the road everyday my experience was moto has better reception.
    Does anyone see a difference in reception?
    If you have switched from Razr is battery life better or worse?
    Any glitches yet with Rezound?

Razr I've had issues with erratic behavior while charging. Honestly thought I had a bad charger. But I'm typing this now while plugged up to same charger. No erratic behavior now after FACTORY RESET.
    Did a few reboot already. Freezing up a few times.
    Now I use my phone quite a bit. I use it for ALL of my audio and navigation and constantly searching for reviews of phones. I've used 4.25 gigs of data since Oct 22.

Thinking of switching but like how thin the RAZR is and afraid the Rezound might not have excellent reception like the razr. Seeing I'm on the road almost everyday.
    I'd appreciate everybody's opinion on what I should do.

Thanks

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  2. dustinslee

dustinslee New Member

I am in the same boat as u... i have had speaker issues from my razr and i am wondering if the rezound is better or worse? All input here would be great!

3. tc1

tc1 Member

Can't speak for the rezound but HTC phones are know for dismal reception.

My thunderbolt gets the worst reception of any phone I have ever had. This is in the same areas where other phones got great reception.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
  4. King_Bean

King_Bean New Member

Really? The reception on my HTC Droid Incredible 2 is just fine. What other HTC phones are known to have bad reception?
  5. dx1968

dx1968 New Member

I know my Droid x had better reception than my HTC Eris. But the Eris streamed at bat 2010 PERFECT no cut out. Droid x sucked at streaming at bat 2011. I switched back to Eris to see if it was the app. Nope Eris was still flawless.

6. kparks

kparks Active Member

HTC and moto have very similar quality both good build quality but there made very different and both solid reception but the bars read different.. HTC might be showing 2 bars and moto might be showing 3 or 4 but the HTC can be pulling better service ..that's not always the case just a example.. but both make solid products so if u want to try the rezound I would go for it

Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  7. Heywood

Heywood New Member

HTC does not come close to Moto when it comes to radios and reception. We have HTC, Samsung, and Moto all within the same plan and same region. HTC always comes in last place when we compare.
  8. kparks

kparks Active Member

What exactly are you comparing??..

9. Heywood

Heywood New Member

It may not have been the exact science of measuring each phones reception ability/signal but we used open signal app to isolate, measure, calculate, contrast, and compare all three phones at different locations within a 50 mile radius.

To me it seems like HTC is capable but something throws it off...maybe an engineering or materials issue?
  10. kparks

kparks Active Member

Also Was it a thunder bolt? Cuz I'm not sure what it is about this phone but it is lacking in reception but this is the only one I've had a problem with. So I'm sure the rezound gets good reception.

11. cybertec69

cybertec69 Well-Known Member

My Incredible has great reception.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums
  12. alboboy10

alboboy10 New Member

Not true. I had two motorolas and an htc. My HTC beats all of those phones in reception, phone quality the dx was the best I think.

not big enough a difference to be a deal breaker. But HTC is smoother and better camera and better ui so it wins for me
  13. noisyKricket

noisyKricket New Member

Yeah I'm on my incredible 2 and have no reception issues (or battery). my only complaint would be the volume level during calls. Its pretty quite. My OG Droid was louder for sure.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using DroidForums
  14. kparks

kparks Active Member

To the OP look ur obviously doubting ur purchase.. and I can honestly say if ur not feeling the moto go HTC first then try ur other options HTC is the only phone I will buy but I have a dx on my account and no major problems with it.. but yes HTC makes a quality product and if u do change I feel won't be disappointed... a lot of people complain about reception and have no stats to back it up and some people even base there opinion on how many bars they have and that means absolutely nothing..

15. atomicwedgie

atomicwedgie New Member

I did a LOT of research before I jumped into the Rezound. Two sites actually said it beat both the Razr and the Bionic for reception. However, I am noticing that where my Charge used to get 4G I am only getting 3G on the Rezound.

[edit]I was wondering about the 4G problem... went into settings and it seems either the phone came set to CDMA Only or the moron at the Verizon store changed it? Either way I turned 4G on and have a nice strong signal.[edit]

Speaker... I hated the Dinc2 because the speaker was HORRIBLE. Any calls I put on speaker sounded like they were coming through a piece of aluminum foil. However, in store I listened to the speaker phone on the Rezound and it was clear. Now owning one I can say it's FAR better than my Charge was.

Battery... my Charge was horrible. Already on my first day I can see the battery in the Rezound is going to be better and it's not even reached full capacity yet.
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  16. Wopback

Wopback New Member

I made the switch from inc2 to Razr. I miss the powerful htc camera and thats bout it. I'm sure the rezound camera is better too. Battery is good on razr too. Little tip: let the battery fully drain 2-3 times, followed by a full charge. You will notice a huge difference.....

17. fortune730

fortune730 New Member

i came from the tbolt. went to the RaZR returned the next day due to slow 4g, and dropping the signal, and the obvious no removable battery. got the Rezound 4g reception is awesome it deff has a better internal modem, and i love the crisp text, and google maps looks like it does on the IPHONE very crisp and clean.
  18. lazarus2297

lazarus2297 New Member

I got the razr on launch day and returned/exchanged it 5 days later for the rezound and have been glad ever since..my battery life is considerably better, the screen is better, the camera is better...

I was getting somewhere around 7-8 hours on my razr with my normal use and I am easily getting 10-13 hours on my rezound. Both were used in the same basic situations/areas some 4G some 3G some wifi..

The screen is more crisp and the colors are more natural looking.. Not oversaturated like on the razr. The razr screen is easier to see outside but not when the battery dies LOL..

The camera is sharper, faster, and better low light exposure with and w/o flash. one thing i noticed about pics on the razr was they looked great on thd phone but when i viewed them on my computer the colors looked washed out and less sharp, That isn't the case with the rezound pictures. What that tells me is that the screen on the razr is over saturating colors.

Someone mentioned HTC's having bad reception.. my rezound has the same db level reception at home and other places i frequent so I would disagree with that statement.

there are only a couple things i think i like about the razr better I feel like the external speaker for music/speakerphone calls was louder. Also in a purely asthetics point of view i like the look of the razr a little better i mean i like HTC but it was pretty cool having a super thin phone and HTC phones pretty much all look the same but like I said earlier the razr isn't nearly as cool when tethered to a charger or when the battery is dead..
  19. didiwags

didiwags New Member

Yeah one or two devices with bad reception does not mean all HTC phones have it. My phone gets better reception then my BILs bionic. I came from the Droid X and although I loved my X, the rezound is far better. I do not miss a thing.

Sent from my Rezound