Anyone switching from RAZR?

dx1968

Reaction score
I got the Razr before the Rezound came out...regret I didn't wait to compare the two, but still can exchange.
I always like Moto phones because being on the road everyday my experience was moto has better reception.
Does anyone see a difference in reception?
If you have switched from Razr is battery life better or worse?
Any glitches yet with Rezound?

Razr I've had issues with erratic behavior while charging. Honestly thought I had a bad charger. But I'm typing this now while plugged up to same charger. No erratic behavior now after FACTORY RESET.
Did a few reboot already. Freezing up a few times.
Now I use my phone quite a bit. I use it for ALL of my audio and navigation and constantly searching for reviews of phones. I've used 4.25 gigs of data since Oct 22.

Thinking of switching but like how thin the RAZR is and afraid the Rezound might not have excellent reception like the razr. Seeing I'm on the road almost everyday.
I'd appreciate everybody's opinion on what I should do.

Thanks

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

dustinslee

Reaction score
I am in the same boat as u... i have had speaker issues from my razr and i am wondering if the rezound is better or worse? All input here would be great!

tc1

Reaction score
Can't speak for the rezound but HTC phones are know for dismal reception.

My thunderbolt gets the worst reception of any phone I have ever had. This is in the same areas where other phones got great reception.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

King_Bean

Reaction score
Can't speak for the rezound but HTC phones are know for dismal reception.

My thunderbolt gets the worst reception of any phone I have ever had. This is in the same areas where other phones got great reception.

Really? The reception on my HTC Droid Incredible 2 is just fine. What other HTC phones are known to have bad reception?

OP
D

dx1968

Reaction score
I know my Droid x had better reception than my HTC Eris. But the Eris streamed at bat 2010 PERFECT no cut out. Droid x sucked at streaming at bat 2011. I switched back to Eris to see if it was the app. Nope Eris was still flawless.

kparks

Reaction score
I know my Droid x had better reception than my HTC Eris. But the Eris streamed at bat 2010 PERFECT no cut out. Droid x sucked at streaming at bat 2011. I switched back to Eris to see if it was the app. Nope Eris was still flawless.

HTC and moto have very similar quality both good build quality but there made very different and both solid reception but the bars read different.. HTC might be showing 2 bars and moto might be showing 3 or 4 but the HTC can be pulling better service ..that's not always the case just a example.. but both make solid products so if u want to try the rezound I would go for it

Last edited:

Heywood

Reaction score
HTC does not come close to Moto when it comes to radios and reception. We have HTC, Samsung, and Moto all within the same plan and same region. HTC always comes in last place when we compare.

Last edited:

kparks

Reaction score
HTC does not come close to Moto when it comes to radios and reception. We have HTC, Samsung, and Moto all within the same plan and same region. HTC always comes in last place when we compare.

What exactly are you comparing??..

Heywood

Reaction score

It may not have been the exact science of measuring each phones reception ability/signal but we used open signal app to isolate, measure, calculate, contrast, and compare all three phones at different locations within a 50 mile radius.

To me it seems like HTC is capable but something throws it off...maybe an engineering or materials issue?

kparks

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kparks

It may not have been the exact science of measuring each phones reception ability/signal but we used open signal app to isolate, measure, calculate, contrast, and compare all three phones at different locations within a 50 mile radius.

To me it seems like HTC is capable but something throws it off...maybe an engineering or materials issue?
Also Was it a thunder bolt? Cuz I'm not sure what it is about this phone but it is lacking in reception but this is the only one I've had a problem with. So I'm sure the rezound gets good reception.

Last edited:

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score

My Incredible has great reception.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

alboboy10

Reaction score

Not true. I had two motorolas and an htc. My HTC beats all of those phones in reception, phone quality the dx was the best I think.

not big enough a difference to be a deal breaker. But HTC is smoother and better camera and better ui so it wins for me

noisyKricket

Reaction score
Yeah I'm on my incredible 2 and have no reception issues (or battery). my only complaint would be the volume level during calls. Its pretty quite. My OG Droid was louder for sure.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using DroidForums

kparks

Reaction score
To the OP look ur obviously doubting ur purchase.. and I can honestly say if ur not feeling the moto go HTC first then try ur other options HTC is the only phone I will buy but I have a dx on my account and no major problems with it.. but yes HTC makes a quality product and if u do change I feel won't be disappointed... a lot of people complain about reception and have no stats to back it up and some people even base there opinion on how many bars they have and that means absolutely nothing..

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
I did a LOT of research before I jumped into the Rezound. Two sites actually said it beat both the Razr and the Bionic for reception. However, I am noticing that where my Charge used to get 4G I am only getting 3G on the Rezound.

[edit]I was wondering about the 4G problem... went into settings and it seems either the phone came set to CDMA Only or the moron at the Verizon store changed it? Either way I turned 4G on and have a nice strong signal.[edit]

Speaker... I hated the Dinc2 because the speaker was HORRIBLE. Any calls I put on speaker sounded like they were coming through a piece of aluminum foil. However, in store I listened to the speaker phone on the Rezound and it was clear. Now owning one I can say it's FAR better than my Charge was.

Battery... my Charge was horrible. Already on my first day I can see the battery in the Rezound is going to be better and it's not even reached full capacity yet.

Last edited: