Anyone switch from Droid Turbo yet?

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
You need to keep using it. Once all the caches are built it will get better battery.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I ordered mine yesterday. I customized it with a subtle black leather back with red accents. I am coming from a note 3. My last 4 phones have been Samsung phones so I wanted to try out something different. I like the design of this phone and the specs seemed up to par with what I want. I liked the note because of the huge screen and all the features, at first. I rarely use the spen. My first smartphone was the og droid, so i thought maybe it's time to go back to my roots..lol. Can't wait to get this phone and mess around with it. Might even run it naked without a case. How long typically does it take to get the phone if you do it through moto maker? My shipping date through Verizon says today but I know that can't be the case because it has to take more than 1 day to customize.
I can't speak to the time line of a Turbo 2, but I can tell you from experience ordering 4 custom Moto X's that they are sometimes built within 1 - 2 days and then shipped and on your doorstep within 5 - 6 days. I think 2 of my custom Moto X's were at my house within 4 business days. Since the system is establishes already I would think the Turbo 2 process is just as fast. Enjoy your new phone! Please let us know what you think of it.....and maybe a pic of that leather back.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Wadman

Reaction score
After doing some looking around, I noticed that foxfi doesn't seem to work with the turbo 2. I'm still on an unlimited data plan and have used foxfi forever. I don't want to get into an argument about violating terms of service or whatever, I just was wondering if anyone had any luck with using foxfi.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
After doing some looking around, I noticed that foxfi doesn't seem to work with the turbo 2. I'm still on an unlimited data plan and have used foxfi forever. I don't want to get into an argument about violating terms of service or whatever, I just was wondering if anyone had any luck with using foxfi.
Not on a droid..not for about 2 years approximately.. Sorry..the g1 turbo if its on kit kat can flash root and use the WiFi hotspot exploit..but after its on 5.x and until/if the t2 is ever rooted..I doubt you will be able to use foxfi

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I finally had time to get to a Verizon store today and see & use a Turbo 2. As I stated previously I don't really consider any new flagship phone to be a true "upgrade" from a previous flagship phone...it's just a new phone. But...if I had not just bought my Turbo a few months ago I would be all over this phone today! Its everything I wanted in the Moto X 2014....similar Moto X design style (which I really like), big battery, custom options, and new Moto features. I like how Verizon finally is putting emphasis on the Moto Maker site. they had a wheel that you can spin and see all of the custom design backs and button colors, and an iPad to take you directly to Moto Maker. they did not care ANYTHING about Moto Maker when it was only available for the Moto X line. But now that it is available for the Droid line, you would think they invented it right there in the store. :D All in all I really like this phone and will probably get one in a few months.

MarBearCat

Reaction score
I finally had time to get to a Verizon store today and see & use a Turbo 2. As I stated previously I don't really consider any new flagship phone to be a true "upgrade" from a previous flagship phone...it's just a new phone. But...if I had not just bought my Turbo a few months ago I would be all over this phone today! Its everything I wanted in the Moto X 2014....similar Moto X design style (which I really like), big battery, custom options, and new Moto features. I like how Verizon finally is putting emphasis on the Moto Maker site. they had a wheel that you can spin and see all of the custom design backs and button colors, and an iPad to take you directly to Moto Maker. they did not care ANYTHING about Moto Maker when it was only available for the Moto X line. But now that it is available for the Droid line, you would think they invented it right there in the store. :D All in all I really like this phone and will probably get one in a few months.
This one has a larger screen but a smaller battery than the Turbo I ?
Or am I mistaken?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
This one has a larger screen but a smaller battery than the Turbo I ?
Or am I mistaken?
Yes and yes. But....the screen is only a little larger and the battery is only a little smaller. Maybe they found ways to make the phone more battery friendly and didn't need that extra battery? I'm sure it can still get through a normal day (and then some) with a 3760 mAH battery. I think if you like the Moto X design style (which i do) you will like the Turbo 2. If you don't like that design style, you may not like this phone.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
You need to keep using it. Once all the caches are built it will get better battery.
Are you suggesting that clearing Storage/Cached data, and/or swiping away Recent apps cards is detrimental to optimal battery life?

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Are you suggesting that clearing Storage/Cached data, and/or swiping away Recent apps cards is detrimental to optimal battery life?
No I'm saying to use the phone as you would every day. The apps build caches as they are used. Swiping cards won't affect battery.

Reactions: cr6

Wadman

Reaction score
Not on a droid..not for about 2 years approximately.. Sorry..the g1 turbo if its on kit kat can flash root and use the WiFi hotspot exploit..but after its on 5.x and until/if the t2 is ever rooted..I doubt you will be able to use foxfi
That's what I figured. I guess I can use bluetooth to tether then. I never knew that was an option but I tried it with my current phone and it works fine. My phone is currently in a clearance delay, which sucks, but im suppose to get it by Wednesday. I haven't had a motorola product since my droid x so foxfi has always been an option. Oh well.

Wadman

Reaction score
Alright so my turbo 2 arrived. And as I expected foxfi doesn't work. I can't even use bluetooth tether. Anyone know any other options for tethering. I've tried about everything. I love the phone but if I have to pay 30 more bucks I might not be able to keep it. Any help would be great

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Alright so my turbo 2 arrived. And as I expected foxfi doesn't work. I can't even use bluetooth tether. Anyone know any other options for tethering. I've tried about everything. I love the phone but if I have to pay 30 more bucks I might not be able to keep it. Any help would be great
You could try easy tether and try the USB route.
When ever I had to tether I always used the USB route so it would charge at the same time. Seems like tethering always took a lot of battery.

Wadman

Reaction score
You could try easy tether and try the USB route.
When ever I had to tether I always used the USB route so it would charge at the same time. Seems like tethering always took a lot of battery.
I got the USB tether to work through pdanet. It's a little slower but will suffice until another route comes about. I love the phone. It is super fast and I like everything about it. The camera is great and the phone is just snappy

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Congratulations on the new t2..let us know how the screen does in cold and heat..

Wadman

Reaction score
Screen does great from hot to cold. I've said I can't tether but my wife can with her phone and she still has unlimited data so we are good. Man I love this phone. It's exactly what I wanted. I can't get over how fast the phone is and I love the camera. It feels like a quality phone with fantastic everyday implementation. The battery..wow..I'm at 38% with 15 hours of heavy use and haven't been on WiFi at all. 4.6 hours of screen on time. The fact that I can use this without a case and not fret is fantastic. I know Samsung puts out quality products but I don't miss it at all. The screen isn't as bright as some Samsung phones but it is really clear and crisp and does what I need. Overall I'm very happy with my choice here. Fast..functional...and sturdy.