Anyone switch from Droid Turbo yet?

Discussion in 'Motorola DROID Turbo 2' started by omak42, Nov 4, 2015.

1. omak42

omak42 New Member

Ratings:
    +9
    I have the Turbo and wondering if anyone has made the switch yet. I'm not overly torn to make the switch, which makes me think I should just wait for something better....

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

2. bruben7886

bruben7886 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +689
    Turbo is working great. Turbo 2 doesn't seem like much of an upgrade. I'll pass.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,530
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2
    I'm usually one to chomp at the bit of a new device..I especially like droids..but..the turbo having a 3900 Mah battery and an 808 processor(i think)and with the screen (and one free replacement) 3 gigs at f ram..I'm still happy with the turbo 1. The new screen tech is cool, the fact that they went back to micro SD cards is even cooler..but I've got no real reason to switch..

Moto maker and all that customization stuff is cool..but I know me..I'll still put it in a case..my job demands it..and even with a warranty on the screen..that to me is like..wreck yor vehicle and we'll fix it ..I don't like to tear up my stuff..

Even the customizable message when you turn the phone on..that could be a resale problem..for a gym goer like me..I might put..beast mode on...or something dumb like that, but it would speak to me..but then you go to resell the device and the person wants it to say ,..you see me whip you see me get punched in the face...

#3 94lt1, Nov 4, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Sajo

Sajo Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +7,600
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Droid Z Force
    The personal message does clear with a FDR. At least it does on the Moto X 2013 and 2014. I would imagine it's the same on the new Turbo. I plan on buying one, but am going to wait a little while....I just bought my Turbo in August and it's running great. Seems like a cool phone, maybe sometime in early 2016 for me. I have not considered any phone an "upgrade" since going from a Droid Razr M to the Maxx....that was an upgrade in my opinion. The Droid Maxx to the Turbo was just a "new phone" not an upgrade. I like the direction the Droid line is headed in and look forward to building one of these on Moto Maker.

5. kmf1

kmf1 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +138
    Current Phone Model:
    Motorola Z Force Droid Verizon
    I have the new Droid Turbo 2. So far so good. No regrets yet.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  6. omak42

omak42 New Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Yea, same as me. This just doesn't seem to have anything that PULLS me into it. And my Turbo works like a charm. As you stated, I throw my phones into a case the moment I get them and don't see that changing.

• Like Like x 1
  7. omak42

omak42 New Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Did you switch from the original Turbo? If so, any specific points that are a true upgrade?

8. kmf1

kmf1 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +138
    Current Phone Model:
    Motorola Z Force Droid Verizon
    Yes, I had the T1 since opening morning one year ago. SD card storage is a big plus for those that want everything on their phones. The camera is definitely an improvement. Very quick, sharp, colorful pics. While the screen is not hugely larger, it is larger and right where I want it. The faster processor makes this phone smoother than the T1 already was. I look forward to an even better user experience. Especially if and when 6.0 comes along. If you use the Turbo charger regularly, then an even faster charging cycle. The front speaker is loud and clear. I've had the T2 since opening morning. No regrets. A little more to hang onto but getting used to it. It's not night and day different, but enough change for me to make it worth it. A new toy every now and then is not all bad.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  9. Deano_1

Deano_1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2
    Picked up new phone yesterday and I am less than impressed. Switched from from S4. Used the phone very little. Checked a few emails. Made 1 phone call. Fully charged this morning and down to under 50%. My wife picked up a new iPhone and she used her phone a lot more than I did and she is still at 90% for the day. I didn't look at any videos.

Maybe it's time to switch to an iPhone.

10. Sajo

Sajo Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +7,600
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Droid Z Force
    You bought a Droid Turbo 2 and it dropped to 50% in one day with minimal use?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Deano_1

Deano_1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2
    Yes 44% Right now. 13% Call Standby 8% Android. Just saw an add for it on the TV:)

12. Deano_1

Deano_1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2
    Way to much Crapware on here. Nice screen it is big though!