Anyone seen new feature in LauncherPro?

Goodlefeed

Reaction score
I installed updates today on LauncherPro, and part of the update was the inclusion of screen switching animations.
The options are in preferences>homescreen settings>transition effect.
Included are:
Scale
Rotate
Flip
Cube

I've been using Flip, and really liking it!

Just wondering if anyone's used this as of yet :)

METAL MUZZLE

Reaction score
do u know of another way to upgrade to launcher pro besides paypal ?

Come out of the light and into the DarkSlide !

OP
Goodlefeed

Goodlefeed

Reaction score
do u know of another way to upgrade to launcher pro besides paypal ? !

If you go to the paypal link, there is a link on that page in which you can pay with a credit card, that's what I did!

dylanthecat

Reaction score
I installed updates today on LauncherPro, and part of the update was the inclusion of screen switching animations.
The options are in preferences>homescreen settings>transition effect.
Included are:
Scale
Rotate
Flip
Cube

I've been using Flip, and really liking it!

Just wondering if anyone's used this as of yet :)

I tried them all and they were cool for a while and then they irritated me so I went back to none. I just like it to be fast and smooth.

b-jammin21

Reaction score
I tried to go back to LP from GO launcher for this reason (and that ADW EX was extremely laggy for me). However, once I tried to use LP with these settings I got 3 FCs in less than the first 2 minutes trying to use it. Uninstall.

I figured it wasn't worth trying to send error logs either, because last time I spent time trying to do that I never got any response from the dev (even though I posted on his forum exaqctly how he suggested). I wish LP would work for me, but I always get FC, redraw, and lag. Until these can somehow get fixed, no matter how fancy he makes it, I have to stick with GO because it actually works.

Sent from my Droid using my Droid

OP
Goodlefeed

Goodlefeed

Reaction score
I tried them all and they were cool for a while and then they irritated me so I went back to none. I just like it to be fast and smooth.

I went through Spare Parts and manually changed the speed of the animation so that it would still feel just as snappy. I do sense an option natively in Launcher Pro to do this coming soon.

OP
Goodlefeed

Goodlefeed

Reaction score
I tried to go back to LP from GO launcher for this reason (and that ADW EX was extremely laggy for me). However, once I tried to use LP with these settings I got 3 FCs in less than the first 2 minutes trying to use it. Uninstall.

I figured it wasn't worth trying to send error logs either, because last time I spent time trying to do that I never got any response from the dev (even though I posted on his forum exaqctly how he suggested). I wish LP would work for me, but I always get FC, redraw, and lag. Until these can somehow get fixed, no matter how fancy he makes it, I have to stick with GO because it actually works.

I think it's possible that there's and issue with the version of UltimateDroid you're running, and the animations in LP. Knowing that some roms come with preconfigured transitions, it could be competing with LP and causing your FC's?

b-jammin21

Reaction score

I think it's possible that there's and issue with the version of UltimateDroid you're running, and the animations in LP. Knowing that some roms come with preconfigured transitions, it could be competing with LP and causing your FC's?

Oooh, very nice thought. That hadn't even crossed my mind but it makes sense to me. So should I disable my UD transistions?

I think I will play around with that and get back to you because that's a great idea. Thanks a lot for the help.

OP
Goodlefeed

Goodlefeed

Reaction score
Oooh, very nice thought. That hadn't even crossed my mind but it makes sense to me. So should I disable my UD transistions?

I think I will play around with that and get back to you because that's a great idea. Thanks a lot for the help.

Yeah, that's what I would try.

You're very welcome, and yeah let me know, I'm interested to see if that's the issue. :)

brando56894

Reaction score
I havent tried it yet since I'm using ADW EX which has like 9 animations, but the cube animation does intrigue me. I'm assuming it's not nearly as cool as Compiz-fusion's cube under linux (which would be extremely sick).

OP
Goodlefeed

Goodlefeed

Reaction score
I havent tried it yet since I'm using ADW EX which has like 9 animations, but the cube animation does intrigue me. I'm assuming it's not nearly as cool as Compiz-fusion's cube under linux (which would be extremely sick).

I found ADW to be slower and buggier than LP, but both are very nice.

The cube animation is a lot like the one in Linux, but there are no top or bottom to the cube, it's more like a wall for each home screen.

b-jammin21

Reaction score
@Goodlefeed

So far so good. Thanks a million for the help.

volando

Reaction score
What I love about LP is the ability to turn off any and all animations, speed up the transitions and in general optimize for performance...

Question for effects lovers: I'm not trolling, just wondering what excites you about them? Sure it's kinda cool to look at a couple of times just to marvel at the technology, but is the continued visual experience worth the slowdowns and wasted time over the long term?