Anyone see your Maxx sucking Data?

valglbgl

Reaction score
We have a Maxx on our place
It was an insurance replacement for a Maxx HD. I have noticed the data on this phone has doubled in a few months even though she is on WiFi most all day. I'm wondering if the phone has an issue and should be replaced.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Go into settings, data usage.. It will show which apps are using your data.. A likely candidate is Facebook.. There's an option to predownload videos now.. And it's on by default

OP
V

valglbgl

Reaction score
It's Google+. She doesn't even use that apple. How can I disable that?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Go into apps, all, google+, clear cache, clear data, uncheck the "receive updates" box.. Then tap disable.. You're good to go..

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Very welcome.. :)

doogald

Reaction score
Go into apps, all, google+, clear cache, clear data, uncheck the "receive updates" box.. Then tap disable.. You're good to go..

Maybe easier is settings / Google (under accounts) / tap the google account and uncheck Google+ so it won't sync data.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Perhaps easier.. But I like to disable apps I don't use.. But great idea.. I turned my Google sync off a long time ago.. For Gmail and everything.. That way it only syncs when I want it to.

jfriend33

Reaction score
Actually the phone is probably downloading ota updates. How long has the phone been in use?

Sent from my unlocked consumer edition Motorola Droid Maxx xt1080m.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Do you have your apps set to auto update? Depending on the amount of data the app was using.. That could be it.

jfriend33

Reaction score
I'd say search for how to run in safe mode. Then you can target if it's an app issue, right?

I'd say backup your texts with sms backup and restore. Then factory reset, then take the latest update.

Sent from my unlocked consumer edition Motorola Droid Maxx xt1080m.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Idk if I'd go that far.. If it's a only rogue app. That's a lot to do.. But if you don't mind that.. And you feel like putting all of your music and pics back on the phone. Then feel free.. But if it's just one app, you could easily remedy it by monitoring your data usage.. .. Also you haven't said what exactly, your idea of "a lot of data" is.. Turn off background sync and you'll use less than you would with it on.. But does that mean you're using a lot of data with sync on??? That's subjective..

Remember.. This device hasn't got an SD card.. If your data isn't backed up, and you reset.. It's gone... Just letting you know..

But going with a fdr will give you a factory fresh device.

Last edited: