anyone running or theming 5.0.7.1 yet ?

brando56894

Reaction score
It does 10% like pretty much everything else. I just installed CM 5.0.7 themed with SG-esque, Launcher Pro, and a 1.2 GHz bekit kernel, so far this is quite possibly the smoothest setup ive had so far.

One question for m3kilpat: how easy would it be to change the colors for the power widget (I'm pretty sure the blue bars came from youre theme and not the stock CM but I could be wrong)? I have everything else red via spare parts and the blue kind of throws it off a little. Im completely new to themeing but I might figure out how to do it eventually.

Installed the Smoke Glass-Esque 1.5.3 over Cyanogen 5.0.7.1 and it's great!! smooth as butter!!

Awesome work m3kilpat!

QFT

edit: it seems that I having the battery issue that others have pointed out too, Ive had my phone unplugged since about 9am and Ive actually used it less than I usually do and Im at 30%. The only thing Ive really done with it was listen to music for about 10-15 minutes every other hour, download an app or two, and maybe a few other small things. Battery left says I should get about 12.5-13 hours with my current setup. I run a 1.2 GHz bekit kernel that has a min 0f 800 MHz during normal usage and drops down to 400 when the screen is off. The screen has been off for the majority of the time yet display usage is at 73%.

edit 2: I might have just found out the reason, setcpu was set to "performance" for some reason.

Last edited:

m3kilpat

Reaction score
I have changed all my notification text colors through the spare parts app with no problem. How can you change the text of the banner at the top? I have changed it from "Verizon Wireless" using pull down editor and metamorph to what I want, and it shows up in white on the lock screen, but when I pull down the notification screen, it is in black and barley visible on the dark shade. Is there a fix for that in spare parts? Any help is appreciated.

So you changed the Verizon Wireless text to say something else? Perhaps spare parts doesn't work changing that text color if you change the text. To do it manually you need to change one of the xml files in framework-res/res/layout. It's one of these files (I forget which):
status_bar_expanded.xml
status_bar_icon.xml
status_bar_latest_event_content.xml
status_bar_latest_event.xml
status_bar_tracking.xml
status_bar.xml
You need to open it in a hex editor and change the 4 bytes after 08 00 00 1C to FF FF FF FF.

One question for m3kilpat: how easy would it be to change the colors for the power widget (I'm pretty sure the blue bars came from youre theme and not the stock CM but I could be wrong)? I have everything else red via spare parts and the blue kind of throws it off a little. Im completely new to themeing but I might figure out how to do it eventually.

It's as simple as replacing a few image files. I forget which apk contains the files off the top of my head.