Anyone runnin UD tried the new radio?

Discussion in 'Blackdroid' started by fUry327, Mar 22, 2010.

1. fUry327

fUry327 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just curious if anyone running UD any version has been successful in flashing the new radio and if so what problems did you encounter if any? Benefits?

2. PerCompLLC

PerCompLLC Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I flashed it over the weekend... After reading MANY posts on how to do it, I finally took the plunge. Basically I found that the easiest way to do it was using RSDLite from a command line. My computer is Windows 7 x64, so I made sure to open a command prompt as administrator. After all my reading, I was quite surprised when everything worked without a hitch the first time!

I am now on the new radio - re-rooted and installed UD8 from my nandroid backup that I made immediately before flashing the radio. Signal doesn't seem to be much better - maybe a little more stable... After today I'll be able to have an accurate gauge of battery life (based on my routine), but so far it's looking good.

The whole process from start to finish took about 20 minutes. :)

3. jgmarz

jgmarz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone make an update.zip?

4. Balthazar

Balthazar Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think update.zip will work, otherwise all of these ESE 53 ROMS would have already pushed the new baseband to our phones. Adrynlyne's guide really made the whole thing a lot easier. I did it this weekend, but I haven't really seen any noticeable diference.

5. n0yxl

n0yxl Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm waiting for the DEV's to do their work; it's only a matter of time! :blackdroid:

6. stedrocklp

stedrocklp Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I did flash to the new baseband before I updated to V8. If you have the patience to do it I think its worthwhile. My 3G signal hasn't been this strong since I have had this phone so that is always nice. Its definitely a fair amount of adb work to reroot the phone but I would say it pails in comparison to the work BD does. I would certainly recommend doing it. Also once you have the new baseband I see absolutely no reason to even try the new 2.1 OTA (If they ever choose to release it).

7. fUry327

fUry327 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Is anyone in this neighborhood of the forums really waiting for OTA 2.1? lol. I really wouldn't be surprised if this OTA holdup is due to Verizon trying to figure out a way to lock down the phones so they can't be rooted. Big red never has been fond of customers tinkering with "their" phones.

8. Balthazar

Balthazar Member

Ratings:
    +0
    By the time Verizon releases the 2.1 OTA we will be trying to figure out how to get the .04 baseband on our phones!

Interesting that you have had better receptio for 3G, I really haven't seen much difference, although I haven't had to deal with the phone rebooting on calls and what not, but I don't think those issues have anything to do with the baseband, just people not wiping their system.

9. Warrior

Warrior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Where can we find this update? Thanks

10. stedrocklp

stedrocklp Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes you are very right, most problems arise when the phone is not properly wiped. It took me so long to flash the sbf correctly that I might just be trying to make myself feel better but I am sticking to my statement. Check out THIS thread if you are interested in doing this. It is NOT for the faint of heart (if you plan to reroot).

11. mjones1052

mjones1052 Member

Ratings:
    +0
  12. Balthazar

Balthazar Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I will say this, I used DMupdater to root my phone the first time, so doing this was like a badge of honor now that I know a lot more about what I'm doing. There's nothing like the sense of accomplishment you get from figuring something out on your own (kinda...I read every thread about doing it three times each before working up the nerve to try it). You're absolutely right, not for the faint of heart.You have real potential to screw up your phone if this is done incorrectly.