Anyone receive this update? Not Jb

JRParsons

Reaction score
deborah3756 said:
I recieved mine. Haven't noticed anything, must be a minor update.

Anybody know what Jellybean will be about? I'm happy with ICS.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Droid Forums

My tablet was recently updated from ICS to JB, it's not a huge jump, there are a couple of little changes that are nice, like the ability to turn off notifications on a "per app" basis, but from what I understand the majority of the changes are internal and create a smoother user experience. My tablet seems to perform slightly better with JB, but had I never gotten the update I don't think I would have cared.

OP
zZvaNyaZz

zZvaNyaZz

Reaction score
The only reason why I want jb is for "Google now"

Galaxy S3

jack902902

Reaction score
Bootloader change? Or will I be able to flash unsecured bootloader after update?
Anyone try this yet?

tnhockey

Reaction score
my battery life has gone way down since the update. says the cell standby is eating up almost 50% percent of my battery everyday but i do nothing different than before and it wasnt like this :blink:

jack902902

Reaction score
"Cell Standby" just means that while in standby mode (not being used/screen off) that percentage is reflecting what your phone has been doing.
In other words, your phone spent most of its time in standby or screen off.

If you were using the phone a lot that day, the biggest battery drain you'll see will be display, with only approximately 2hrs of use.

Standby, I can get over 36hrs, and most likely, cell standby will be on the top list of battery usage.

Look at length time, not just percentage, and you will get a better idea of what is draining your battery.

tnhockey said:
my battery life has gone way down since the update. says the cell standby is eating up almost 50% percent of my battery everyday but i do nothing different than before and it wasnt like this :blink:

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Tap cell standby and see how much time with no signal. If it's way up there it could be a problem at a local cell and if it continues perhaps contact your provider.

Support Our Troops! !!!
<><
From my Beano