Anyone ready to return/sell their phones after the Droid 4 leak?

kpoker

Reaction score
Is the droid 4 really that much better then the droid 3?

pyro6128

Reaction score
Its not that its so much better per se, but it is better. The question is how much do you value the additions. Does the decrease in size and and 4g mean a lot? Is the ram upgrade important? Depends on the person. But in terms of a new phone purchase, if the choice is between the 3 and the 4, there's really no reason not to get the 4. If you already have the d3, then you really need to weigh how much importance you place on those factors.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

patfactorx

Reaction score
This is the best phone I have ever had. I don't need the 4

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

pyro6128

Reaction score
This is the best phone I have ever had. I don't need the 4

What smartphones did you have before? Not trying to start anything, just curious. Its technically the best I've owned spec wise, but I enjoyed my d1 experience way more. The d2 was a complete disappointment though.

patfactorx

Reaction score
What smartphones did you have before? Not trying to start anything, just curious. Its technically the best I've owned spec wise, but I enjoyed my d1 experience way more. The d2 was a complete disappointment though.

Droid 1 CM, Droid 2 Global stock and before that Moto SLVR =op

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
I'm not getting the 4. The Droid 3 is awesome.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
That is the exact reason MOST people do buy phones. And that is really how the market works, personal preference. %99 of people could care less if they had the newest and fastest phone with the best hardware and software. They look for whatever works and seems cool to them. How do you think apple does so good? When you only have a handfull of phones to choose from people don't care about what's new or whats coming out in a week because they have a phone that works for them and there isnt much difference in the hardware/software (and looks, apples biggest downfull but there users still don't complain as much as android users...)

As far as AOSP phones go, good luck with that fight. It's funny because I have friends that have had motoblur phones and HATED android because thats what they thought android actually was. Same goes with touchwiz sense and any other manufacturers UI.

Instead of it just saying, 'With Google' on the back of these phones, it should really say 'With Google, overlayed with doo doo'

Be happy with what you have, ICS will make this phone AMAZING! Hardware acceleration and optimization make a heck of a difference, which almost ALL android devices lack (another apple 1 up)

At the end of the day, it will be the phone manufacturers that cause the fall of android, not because they are on the ball about releasing the best of the best but becasue they are defacing android as a user friendly OS.

I believe you meant "couldn't care less"

People mess that up too often.

Rocky

Reaction score
Its not that its so much better per se, but it is better. The question is how much do you value the additions. Does the decrease in size and and 4g mean a lot?
I thought both the D3 and D4 have 4" screens.

doogald

Reaction score
Almost positive the d4 is a 4.3"

Well, remembering that this is a rumored device still, the rumors are consistent that the D4 is a 4" device that resembles the design of the Razr, just as the D3 is a 4" device that resembles the design of the Bionic (though, of course, the D3 came before the Bionic.)

Here is the theverge.com's rumor page: Droid 4 Specs, Reviews, & Latest News | Motorola | The Verge

Actually, I think Droid-Life.com has broken most of these rumors, and here is what they have: Official DROID 4 Specs, It’s Definitely a Big RAZR With a Keyboard and 4G LTE – Droid Life

Both say 4" display though. We'll see when it comes out, though. If it comes out. ;)

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ah, I stand corrected! GLO!

jedihep

Reaction score
Well if the specs are correct then what's the point! By the time Moto rolls the D4 out there will be better processors being released in phones then the one in the D4. Motor needs to drag the corporate blockheads out of their offices line them up against the wall and let their consumers stone them to death with their competitions better faster phones! Come on Moto get your heads out of your a$$ and release a D4 when it's a cutting edge device not 9 months after the fact! Don't give us a repackaged device! Don't hold it until the processor is run of the mill or less! Moto put the Droid name back on top where it belongs! Give us the keyboard, the fastest processor, and a removable battery and stick the razor garbage knock-off! I don't care if you want to reintroduce a old brand name! Just give me the equivalent of my OG Droid now! I want a modern OG Droid not some gimicky super thin thing and certainly not something that is past it's time! If you use this formula then the people that made the OG the most successful device ever will flock to it and embrace it just as they did the original! Corporate idiots! Give us what we want and we will buy it just like we did with your original masterpiece!

Last edited: