anyone know where to get a case for this phone?

Krzypuppy2

Reaction score
Needing some accessories for my new D4, I have been searching the forum for reviews. A post caught my eye from someone who liked their Pure Gear case (which I had never heard of before since I've always just purchased what Verizon offered), I went out to Amazon to see what I could find. Cases that clip onto my waist are worthless for me, I've lost multiple phones. This is just an issue with me though, I use a wheelchair and am leaning forward, bending, and turning a lot and a clip on case just works/wiggles it way off my waistband.

I decided to try the PureGear Silicone Soft Silicone Case (Black). This case just came in the mail today, so my review is quite short. The case snapped onto my D4 quickly and easily, and I just love love love the feel of the case. The rubberized case provides a nice grip on the phone for me. I have fumbly fingers and this case gives me a sense of security, I don't feel like is going to slide out of my hands. Hopefully this case will provide the protection I need from the occasional fall to the floor, time will tell with that.

Lynn

aklabs

Reaction score
Otterbox

I have the otterbox for my D4 and so far I like it. The case fits well, seems sturdy and doesn't add too much bulk to the phone. Now I am in search of a holster case that can clip onto my belt with the Otterbox case on.

Websquad

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 +
Try this from Amazon.com: EMPIRE Motorola DROID 4 Black Leather Case Pouch [EMPIRE Packaging]
$5.49
(5/2/2012)

orange93

Reaction score
I agree, when in doubt just search for the Droid 4 Case at Amazon, they have hard shell cases or silicone cases, sometimes you can even find cases for $0.89 cents, at that price you can just stock up for $5 or so.

Amazon.com: droid

Germanguy

Reaction score
I received this one in the mail Friday. PureGear . Pretty slim overall , fits very well, not a super protective case but it doesn't add much bulk like the otterbox. Holster is nice also. they have a February special if you type " VALENTINE" in the coupon code its 30% off, only bad thing is the shipping is $7 so i spent $31 but its a nice combo.

I just got this case and the holster. Getting the phone out of the holster is quite the task though. It takes me a minute of pushing, bending and prying to get the phone out. Is there supposed to be an easy way?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Websquad

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 +
Give it time

As mentioned a couple of posts back (in this thread) I got one on the cheap from Amazon.com. Almost identical in every respect to the one I got at the Verizon store, escept it cost about $6 instead of about $26 (or whatever ... don't remember the details). Give your new case some time. My experience is that they will stretch a 'tad with use, enough to make getting them out as easy as possible ... but there is a qualification: these are much larger devices than what I've been accustomed to for the last 4 1/2 years (first a Blackberry Curve 8300 followed by a Blackberry Storm/2), and they are a handful. Fortunately, I have large hands and do not have much trouble; however, I still can not retrieve my Droid 4 with one hand like I could with the Blackberry devices -- but then I quit using my device whilst driving the car, so that problem pretty much went away.

Good Luck !!
<><

Last edited:

orange93

Reaction score
The best prices for cases are at: http://amzn.to/LCYvBk , this is where i usually go to buy cases cause more times than not they are cheaper than the Verizon store, i really like the otterbox, i used the otterbox when i had a bionic and now i use it for my current phone.

:icon_ lala:

whitecollar

Reaction score
Needing some accessories for my new D4, I have been searching the forum for reviews. A post caught my eye from someone who liked their Pure Gear case (which I had never heard of before since I've always just purchased what Verizon offered), I went out to Amazon to see what I could find. Cases that clip onto my waist are worthless for me, I've lost multiple phones. This is just an issue with me though, I use a wheelchair and am leaning forward, bending, and turning a lot and a clip on case just works/wiggles it way off my waistband.

I decided to try the PureGear Silicone Soft Silicone Case (Black). This case just came in the mail today, so my review is quite short. The case snapped onto my D4 quickly and easily, and I just love love love the feel of the case. The rubberized case provides a nice grip on the phone for me. I have fumbly fingers and this case gives me a sense of security, I don't feel like is going to slide out of my hands. Hopefully this case will provide the protection I need from the occasional fall to the floor, time will tell with that.

Lynn

Love this case too.

DroidudeAZ

Reaction score
Get a PureGear case with a kickstand. They are priced really reasonably. Its a hard case that fits well on the phone and it isn't a big case. I can still charge my D4 using the Motorola HD Station. You can find them on ebay or amazon. My boss bought a bunch recently.

Hikertrash

Reaction score
Last edited:

bean1975

Reaction score
It's now down to 4.69USD+free shipping to the USA, 7.95 S&H anywhere else. It's quite a price when Amazon had it for like 45 and I have seen it elsewhere for 23... but it's gone from PureGear's site so I guess discontinued price applies which is like the $400 Lapdock selling for $50 :p (the Bionic lapdock fits the Droid 4).