anyone know where to get a case for this phone?

Discussion in 'Droid 4 Accessories' started by myfishbear, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Cegal

Cegal Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone bought an otterbox yet? I'm interested just for the extra protection...but I don't want to shell out $35 for a POS case.

Sent from my XT894 using DroidForums

2. standard101

standard101 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy S6 Edge
    If anyone wants a cheap option I just received this in the mail and like it a lot:

Amazon.com: Verizon Motorola Droid 4 Accessory - Black Rubberized Designer Protective Hard Case Snap On Cover + Exclusive MyDroid Transparent/Clear Decal: Cell Phones & Accessories

It cost me about $7 including shipping, does not qualify for Prime. When I took it out of the packaging it looked like I got what I paid for, cheap. The inside of the back panel was not fully painted or covered in the rubberized coating, whatever, inside of it didn't look like the outside part of it. BUT, I snapped it on and it looks great, you wouldn't know it's cheap from the look of it now. The fit is perfect, snapped right on for both pieces and it doesn't interfere with sliding or the buttons anywhere, and best of all it's not bulky. Not sure what kind of quality I got here, I hope it lasts. From what I can see and using it for two days, looks good and feels good, well worth the price. YMMV.

3. r314bd

r314bd Member

Ratings:
    +23
    Did yours come in a clear plastic bag with a "Wireless Accessories" label at the top? It looks very similar to the one I got as well. There are a ton of Droid 4 black rubberized cases on Amazon and I'm pretty sure they're all the same product.

4. Cegal

Cegal Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That is the one I'm using now. It feels sturdy, except the sides are starting the peel off already. The plastic underneath is fine still but the nice rubber feel is going quick. I just don't trust cheap accessories but this one was bought for me. My phone stays in my pocket (I don't care for belt holsters) and I'm a little clumsy so I know eventually it will be banged hard. I think I might dish out the $35 as opposed to $90+ for the asurion crap.

5. Cegal

Cegal Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So about 30 minutes after this post, the cheap shell has its first scratch. Not too bad for price wise and its been on for about 2 weeks now.

6. standard101

standard101 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy S6 Edge
    hmm, i don't know what words were printed on top lol, but yes, it was in a clear plastic bag with a foam thing between the two pieces. That makes sense that these guys on Amazon and eBay are selling the same stuff I guess. I am noticing the "rubberized" texture makes it show quite a bit of smudges on the back. Wiping it with any cloth makes it go away tho.

7. Krzypuppy2

Krzypuppy2 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Needing some accessories for my new D4, I have been searching the forum for reviews. A post caught my eye from someone who liked their Pure Gear case (which I had never heard of before since I've always just purchased what Verizon offered), I went out to Amazon to see what I could find. Cases that clip onto my waist are worthless for me, I've lost multiple phones. This is just an issue with me though, I use a wheelchair and am leaning forward, bending, and turning a lot and a clip on case just works/wiggles it way off my waistband.

I decided to try the PureGear Silicone Soft Silicone Case (Black). This case just came in the mail today, so my review is quite short. The case snapped onto my D4 quickly and easily, and I just love love love the feel of the case. The rubberized case provides a nice grip on the phone for me. I have fumbly fingers and this case gives me a sense of security, I don't feel like is going to slide out of my hands. Hopefully this case will provide the protection I need from the occasional fall to the floor, time will tell with that.

Lynn

8. Krzypuppy2

Krzypuppy2 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I forgot to mention that I only paid $12.21 for the Pure Gear case on Amazon.

Lynn

9. aklabs

aklabs Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Otterbox

I have the otterbox for my D4 and so far I like it. The case fits well, seems sturdy and doesn't add too much bulk to the phone. Now I am in search of a holster case that can clip onto my belt with the Otterbox case on.

10. orange93

orange93 Member

Ratings:
    +0
  11. Websquad

Websquad Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    iPhone 6 +
    Try this from Amazon.com: EMPIRE Motorola DROID 4 Black Leather Case Pouch [EMPIRE Packaging]
    $5.49
    (5/2/2012)

12. orange93

orange93 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree, when in doubt just search for the Droid 4 Case at Amazon, they have hard shell cases or silicone cases, sometimes you can even find cases for $0.89 cents, at that price you can just stock up for $5 or so.

Amazon.com: droid

Search tags for this page

best case for droid 4

empire droid 4 case reviews
mot4-drod4-20-e4otr
motdrd4silb
pure gear soft silicone case droid 4
puregear silicone soft case droid 4

puregear silicone soft case for droid 4

puregear silicone soft silicone case in puregear retail package for motorola droid 4 xt894

sgmd1

what type of phone cases will fit a droid4 xt894