anyone know where to get a case for this phone?

Kack

Reaction score
i work construction so and am surrounded by the elements dirt water blah blah blah. so i got the one from verizon with the holster and case. i have had good luck with them. if they break vzw just replaces them which is nice.

Hartsoid

Reaction score
Release day Best Buy already had cases for it, I got the Rocketfish one with a fibrous textured back. For some reason I cannot find it anywhere online to show you. The textured back really is great for handling and it also has the soft touch hardened rubber that doesn't show prints. highly recommend.

Though I would love to find a two piece case that has a kick stand, and not one thats a holster. Hate holsters, too many phones took swan dives outta them.

pgreeny

Reaction score
I haven't seen many places with more choices than there either. So far this has been the best case I have personally seen. Not too thick, with sufficient coverage and protection.

Amazon.com: Otterbox MOT4-DROD4-20-E4OTR Commuter Case for Motorola Droid 4 - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

I received this one in the mail Friday. PureGear . Pretty slim overall , fits very well, not a super protective case but it doesn't add much bulk like the otterbox. Holster is nice also. they have a February special if you type " VALENTINE" in the coupon code its 30% off, only bad thing is the shipping is $7 so i spent $31 but its a nice combo.

r314bd

Reaction score
I received this one in the mail Friday. PureGear . Pretty slim overall , fits very well, not a super protective case but it doesn't add much bulk like the otterbox. Holster is nice also. they have a February special if you type " VALENTINE" in the coupon code its 30% off, only bad thing is the shipping is $7 so i spent $31 but its a nice combo.
This case is only $16.15 shipped on Newegg

pgreeny

Reaction score
This case is only $16.15 shipped on Newegg

The first case I received was from Amazon for $19 shipped, advertised as kickstand case/ holster. When I received it it was the case only, no holster. I called and they said it was a mistake in the add and the holster didn't come with it. They refunded my money and I ordered it directly from PureGear. I dont always use the holster but like having the option.

LyndzerDroid

Reaction score
Ive seen some decent cases around on these different sites. I got the Duo Shield, that combines the rubberized case with an additional plastic hard case, but a little chunky. Good for nnow. Hopefully they keep coming out with more, and in different colors.

Last edited:

Cegal

Reaction score
Has anyone bought an otterbox yet? I'm interested just for the extra protection...but I don't want to shell out $35 for a POS case.

Sent from my XT894 using DroidForums

standard101

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6 Edge
If anyone wants a cheap option I just received this in the mail and like it a lot:

Amazon.com: Verizon Motorola Droid 4 Accessory - Black Rubberized Designer Protective Hard Case Snap On Cover + Exclusive MyDroid Transparent/Clear Decal: Cell Phones & Accessories

It cost me about $7 including shipping, does not qualify for Prime. When I took it out of the packaging it looked like I got what I paid for, cheap. The inside of the back panel was not fully painted or covered in the rubberized coating, whatever, inside of it didn't look like the outside part of it. BUT, I snapped it on and it looks great, you wouldn't know it's cheap from the look of it now. The fit is perfect, snapped right on for both pieces and it doesn't interfere with sliding or the buttons anywhere, and best of all it's not bulky. Not sure what kind of quality I got here, I hope it lasts. From what I can see and using it for two days, looks good and feels good, well worth the price. YMMV.

r314bd

Reaction score
If anyone wants a cheap option I just received this in the mail and like it a lot
Did yours come in a clear plastic bag with a "Wireless Accessories" label at the top? It looks very similar to the one I got as well. There are a ton of Droid 4 black rubberized cases on Amazon and I'm pretty sure they're all the same product.

Cegal

Reaction score
Did yours come in a clear plastic bag with a "Wireless Accessories" label at the top? It looks very similar to the one I got as well. There are a ton of Droid 4 black rubberized cases on Amazon and I'm pretty sure they're all the same product.

That is the one I'm using now. It feels sturdy, except the sides are starting the peel off already. The plastic underneath is fine still but the nice rubber feel is going quick. I just don't trust cheap accessories but this one was bought for me. My phone stays in my pocket (I don't care for belt holsters) and I'm a little clumsy so I know eventually it will be banged hard. I think I might dish out the $35 as opposed to $90+ for the asurion crap.

Cegal

Reaction score
So about 30 minutes after this post, the cheap shell has its first scratch. Not too bad for price wise and its been on for about 2 weeks now.

standard101

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6 Edge

hmm, i don't know what words were printed on top lol, but yes, it was in a clear plastic bag with a foam thing between the two pieces. That makes sense that these guys on Amazon and eBay are selling the same stuff I guess. I am noticing the "rubberized" texture makes it show quite a bit of smudges on the back. Wiping it with any cloth makes it go away tho.