Anyone know of a Mirror for Root Explorer?!?!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by huskerkate, Sep 8, 2010.

1. huskerkate

huskerkate Premium Member Premium Member

i've been trying to buy Root Explorer from the market, but it won't recognize any of my credit cards. i don't know what the deal is - maybe my credit cards aren't authorized to purchase something priced in English pounds. who knows...

Does anyone know of another way i can download the app?? i'm willing to pay for it, of course. i was just thinking there might be another site where i can use PayPal or something....

Thanks!!

EDIT: i've tried emailing the dev'r, but haven't received a response (they're probably asleep over there... :))
  2. ukyfan

ukyfan Premium Member Premium Member

I used a prepaid visa to buy my copy since amex won't work if it isn't US $

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  3. huskerkate

not a bad idea. altho, i hate the thought of paying a $3 activation fee (or whatever) for a $4 app.

i actually found a few websites that has the .apk available for download. but, there's no charge for it, and i don't want to screw the dev'r...
  4. fish1552

fish1552 Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Double check with your bank. My bank's credit card fraud department blocked the purchase because it was outside the US. See if it actually went through.

But since your purchase seems to be going the way mine did, here is my story for your heads up:

I was able to do the initial download and never thought twice about it. A few days later, a purcahse at a local store was denied and when I checked, the purchase never went through for the app. So I had them unlock it and went back to re-purchase it (to keep things legal) and it went through this time, but now just I can't get any updates from it. It hangs at downloading. Still have the app and can run it though from the initial install.
    When I cleared the Market cache (MENU > SETTINGS > APPLICATIONS > MANAGE APPLICATIONS > MARKET) it changed to "Download Failed".

Hopefully, you won't have the same problems I am, but wanted to give you a heads up just in case.
  5. Abe21599

Abe21599 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

id say this is whats going on here (in bold). contact bank tomorrow to see if theyre doing anything
  6. huskerkate

thanks! i hadn't thought of that... *wince*
  7. fichdak

fichdak New Member

do you have any other cards? I use amex for $ purchases but for pounds and euros and whatnot i have to use a mastercard.
Search tags for this page

how to get root explorer using paypal

root explorer and paypal

thunderbolt paypal apk credit cards