Anyone know how to turn off the "Verizon Wireless Voice" that comes on when calling?

Pologuy

Reaction score
Anyone know how to turn off the "Verizon Wireless Voice" that comes on when you are either making a call or receiving a call?

It's rather annoying... :)

Thanks!

OP
P

Pologuy

Reaction score
Where would that be... in the settings menu...?

Am I the only one that finds this annoying? lol

TatDroid

Reaction score
Am I the only one that finds this annoying? lol
Not annoying to me, because I don't have a voice that comes on when I make or receive a call (unless I'm in a car and "driving" mode activates). Not sure what you've activated to get this.

Sent from my Droid Turbo

OP
P

Pologuy

Reaction score
Not annoying to me, because I don't have a voice that comes on when I make or receive a call (unless I'm in a car and "driving" mode activates). Not sure what you've activated to get this.

Sent from my Droid Turbo

Hmmmm, not sure either!

When someone calls me the phone rings a few times and then a female voice comes on and says "Verizon Wireless" and then the phone continues to ring - until I answer it obviously or it goes to voice mail.

And when I call someone, I dial the number and the same female voice comes on and says "Verizon Wireless" and then the call goes through and the phone (other person's obviously) starts ringing...

?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
My turbo doesn't... Nor has it ever done this...

TatDroid

Reaction score
Sounds like it could be one of the dreaded Verizon bloatware app settings doing something.

Sent from my Droid Turbo

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Check and see in setting, sound,"network lost tone" if that is checked try unchecking it.
Also try unchecking all of those tone things in that area. ( if Checked )

Last edited:
OP
P

Pologuy

Reaction score
Check and see in setting, sound,"network lost tone" if that is checked try unchecking it.
Also try unchecking all of those tone things in that area. ( if Checked )

Hey, you were close! lol

It was the setting right under the "Network lost tone" - it was the "Roaming tone"...

I unchecked that, which I had checked when setting the phone up - and there is no more "Verizon Wireless" notification.

Thanks!

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Hey, you were close! lol

It was the setting right under the "Network lost tone" - it was the "Roaming tone"...

I unchecked that, which I had checked when setting the phone up - and there is no more "Verizon Wireless" notification.

Thanks!
Happy to help :)