Anyone know how to go back to stock from the .893 update?

RMcCall

Reaction score
Long story short the vzw rep told me to install the leaked update saying it would fix my 3g connection problems (which it didn't) and now I'm stuck with no root. I would like to either get root or go back to stock if thats possible. Is it possible to use the sbf and go back? Any help would be appreciated.

z96Cobra

Reaction score
From what I've read, there's no way to go back (yet?). I've also read that when the final OTA comes out, your phone may not update because the update will be looking for the original version # and you don't have that anymore. Not sure if a manual update will make it work or not.

OP
R

RMcCall

Reaction score
Luckily I got a replacement on the way but I'd prefer to keep my original bionic.

OP
R

RMcCall

Reaction score

dpw2atox

Reaction score
Just curious....did you notice any improvements with the 893 update? faster camera? faster blur launcher? etc..... also you said the radio problems wern't fixed....are they any better?

OP
R

RMcCall

Reaction score
Camera and launcher are a bit faster and smoother but as for the radio I don't notice any difference.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

dpw2atox

Reaction score
I've gotta say im a bit disapointed to hear that. I knew there were a lot of various bug fixes but I really hoped the radio situation would improve. Granted the 4G radios are still pretty new and the basebands arent that mature yet.....still I was hoping for more. Well maybe they will release another build with an additional radio update.

OP
R

RMcCall

Reaction score
I've gotta say im a bit disapointed to hear that. I knew there were a lot of various bug fixes but I really hoped the radio situation would improve. Granted the 4G radios are still pretty new and the basebands arent that mature yet.....still I was hoping for more. Well maybe they will release another build with an additional radio update.

We shall see. I'm not getting my hopes up lol