Anyone in Chicago?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Boogiechicago, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Boogiechicago

Boogiechicago New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I tend to be a visual learner, so I'm wondering if anyone wants to take a little time and actually walk me through the steps in person? Willing to trade for something... Actually, I really just have bad luck with electronics/machinery in general. Trust me, I would be the one to brick my Droid 1.

We can meet wherever, I live on the North Side.

Not working now so time can be flexible.

I would really enjoy learning how to root and doing it on my own phone at the same time.

If you're not interested in trade, I'm a killer baker. Name your poison :)

Alexis

Last edited: Dec 16, 2010
  2. titans

titans Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    We can help you here on the forum. I'm a little busy now so my answers might be a little sporadic, but I'll (and the other members) will help you along the way...what exactly do you want your Droid to have at the end of the process? Theme? Overclock kernel? Rom?

3. OneTenderRebel

OneTenderRebel Silver Member

Ratings:
    +63
    Plus one, we can help you here, plus you will want to learn this on your own anyway. It will really help you in the future by learning it yourself.

4. Boogiechicago

Boogiechicago New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks

Hey guys thanks for the offer. I just may take you up on it. At the moment I'm going to see if I have any takers here in Chicago.

Cheers,

A

5. kevdog

kevdog Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You can't be serious???

6. Boogiechicago

Boogiechicago New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You know, there are a lot of jerks on this forum

I don't know, Kevdog, let's think about this logically. I'm assuming you can do that. I've asked for an in-person tutorial instead of online. I don't know how old you are, but I'm 38 and I know myself well enough to know when I can do something with written instructions and when I can't. Clearly, I wouldn't have spent the time to subscribe to the forum and post a question if I was joking. So, and I'm surprised you couldn't come to this conclusion yourself, yes I am serious.

Now I'm going to tell you something that should apply to everyone on this forum. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. That being said, please don't post in my question again. We like to keep it peaceful and friendly around here.

7. 252chevyboyz

252chevyboyz Silver Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Hey, welcome alexis I hope you learn to enjoy your D1 and hopefully someone in your area will take you up on that. Baking is always good for any food lover. If you don't have any luck finding someone in your area you know that you are welcome to come back here and ask questions even if its beginner questions because I ask them probally all the time. Good luck and enjoy the winter weather up there

Sent from my D2

8. DF Smod

DF Smod Silver Member

Ratings:
    +92
    Boogie this is an odd request - even some of the staff questioned it, we have a great community and members willing to go the extra mile on the forum but it's not every day you read a thread like this...and IMO nobody was being a jerk in here and it being said does go unappreciated, we all try to play nice or we don't play at all :(

Respect is Number 1 here on the Forum -

...and along with that goes one's right to post in the thread of their choice :wink: