Anyone here leave the thunderbolt for this phone? Tell me all about it!

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by msuperbauer, Jul 7, 2011.

1. msuperbauer

msuperbauer Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My TB is making me mad... I like the sense, love the fit, finish and feel of the phone, but the friggin thing has more issues than a newsstand! Please reply if you are coming directly from a thunderbolt only please! Tell me your likes, dislikes general thoughts on the phone compared to the TB. Or you know someone's story :icon_ banana: thanks!

Last edited: Jul 7, 2011
  2. mrfreez

mrfreez New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Loved the phone, but yes it does have wayyyyyy tooooooo many issues! Its a faster phone by a little then the charge. I chose to exchange for the droid charge for two reasons....... One the battery life fricken horrible. Second the random shutdowns! Other little quirks the charge made me forget! Without the issues I'd still have one! Glad I switched, the fixes obviously still are not there! Yes the charge isn't perfect it has its quirks too but it doesn't randomly reboot and the battery life is waaaaaay better! With more ram the charge would be really good! Hope this helps? Just my two cents!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

3. alboboy10

alboboy10 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17
    Inconsistent. That's my complain. Gps. Battery varies on the day for me.

With its problems...still wouldn't leave it for anything else on verizon right now.

4. msuperbauer

msuperbauer Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So you are saying this about the charge?

5. clinhart

clinhart New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I switched last week

Liked the Tbolt, but too many problems as listed. Trouble with phone quality. Mainly major battery issues and constant random rebooting, even in the middle of phone calls. Worse problems than my OG Droid from 2 years ago. So far, Charge works much better. Nice screen and good camera. I am still getting used to the different layout of buttons, etc. from Motorola and HTC. But so far, happy. Keeping fingers crossed. Would have liked to wait for Bionic, but my old phone just couldn't make it.

6. alboboy10

alboboy10 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17
    Thunderbolt. I have it. But I wouldn't leave it for a charge. Even if verizon offered it for free upgrade

7. BSG4893

BSG4893 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had the thunderbolt from release day until about 2 weeks ago and i loved it at first. The battery wasnt that good but i was always around a charger so i didnt complain about it. Then i started getting constant resets, and dropping service, or most of the time never even having service at all. I got a replacement and it was even worse so i complained and complained until they finally sent me a brand new charge. I love this phone more then any phone ive ever had. People say that its a good bit slower, not entirely true in my opinion. You can feel a slight difference but that will change from phone to phone based on how much you use it. My battery has honestly been getting me threw about 2 days lately and i just have the standard battery, i keep the screen brightness down all the way and when i use wifi most of the time but the life is still great. I recorded an hour of 720p video on the 4th of july and my battery didnt even budge and the video was crystal clear! I think the camera is just a great. In my opinion the phone is a much more reliable phone to own so if i were you i would make the switch and i guarantee you will not regret it. By the way the screen difference is absolutely incredible, i had my thunderbolt and charge side to side with the same hd background and the charge blows the thunderbolts screen out of the water. Hope this helps, good luck with whatever you decide to do.

8. chin2334

chin2334 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes constant restarts even the replacements after getting the charge rooting and throwing on altered beast rom i love it even more!
    Oh and they threw in the desk dock with extra battery charger free!

Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  9. TJF2011

TJF2011 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I switched too, I have not looked back since. The Charge is a far better phone in my opinion.

If you choose to root it.. Gummycharge has a pretty stable rom... I used the Altered Beast rom at first and loved it, then started having major issues.. With gummycharge, ive had no issues so far

***GUMMYCHARGED***

10. spdivr1122

spdivr1122 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The tb was built better but the charge has better battery. Plus the charge has stupid physical buttons instead of the touch buttons. Also, the charge is basically all plastic, and my back cover doesn't like to stay on now.

Search tags for this page
is the htc thunderbolt a good phone

is the thunderbolt a good phone