Anyone hear about D2 Exploading?

DxExs

Reaction score
I heard on the news this guy bought a d2 and it exploaded in his ear. Blood and all it was bad.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It may be fake. He is talking about how he has no insurance and he wants motorola to pay his medical bills.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
link please?

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah I saw the story over at droid-life. I don't like calling anyone a liar, even if it's a complete stranger but this all sounds very strange. I could be way wrong on this but I think they have proven that the components in a cell phone could not explode, I am pretty sure I read that somewhere or I had a crazy dream and that was in it for some reason.

OP
D

DxExs

Reaction score
Sorry to the forum I should have posted on d2 forums.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
"He drove to the school where his wife works to tell her what happened and to get her to take pictures. That’s when she called 911."

Major red flag to anyone else??????

joeybarclay

Reaction score
Maybe it was a Law Abiding Citizen cellphone attack. 1:20 for cellphone kill [video=youtube;rA10RDU9quU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rA10RDU9quU]YouTube - Law Abiding Citizen - Official Trailer[/video]

techguru

Reaction score
Only thing that can explode in a cell phone is the Lithium Ion Battery. If that happened, would be a lot more fire/smoke damage, his hand would have been burned, and the phone certainly would not still work.

Story is bull-crap.

Alan

Droids

Reaction score
Only thing that can explode in a cell phone is the Lithium Ion Battery. If that happened, would be a lot more fire/smoke damage, his hand would have been burned, and the phone certainly would not still work.

Story is bull-crap.

Alan
I agree, pretty sure the only thing capable of exploding would be the battery and the phone certainly wouldn't work afterwards.

More likely his wife threw the phone at his head because he spent all his time playing Angry Birds. She said, "Angry? You wanna see ANGRY?!?!", take this... Bam upside the head.

OP
D

DxExs

Reaction score
Guess you can't believe everything you hear on the news.