Anyone having the dreaded rotate to landscape bug?

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've noticed on a few occasions this happens as when I'm texting and i turn landscape the keyboard goes all one color and or sometimes white and only a reboot helps..lol Well i hope they fix this. I wonder because it may be an app if I'm the only one. But someone has to have seen this. Please comment and let me know so I may get an idea. Thanks!

Tapped via Motorola Droid Razr!
Peace!

rjeatkrconley

Reaction score
Haven't seen that one. Bone stock. Only problem is 4g..as usual.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
droid2drummer

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen that one. Bone stock. Only problem is 4g..as usual.

I'm stock too so far..lol Just seeing how many others may have had this issue. I am going to look further into it. Mine didn't happen until the update. I'm waiting for the new update to be pushed as it should have fixes and UI changes too. I hear its pretty sweet.

Peace!

rjeatkrconley

Reaction score
The. 748 update? Mine came pre loaded with it. Do you have any keyboard apps or texting apps? They might be the cause.

OP
droid2drummer

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
The. 748 update? Mine came pre loaded with it. Do you have any keyboard apps or texting apps? They might be the cause.

Not sure but there is a leak out. Its a 2.3.6 update. Its out in Europe and should make its way here. Nope I'm all stock. I do have ivona. But this has been on and off happening since a week after the last or first update from Dec 21...

Peace!

gling

Reaction score
Not sure but there is a leak out. Its a 2.3.6 update. Its out in Europe and should make its way here. Nope I'm all stock. I do have ivona. But this has been on and off happening since a week after the last or first update from Dec 21...

Peace!

It's been here for a week or better (6.12.173.XT912.Verizon.en.US.) 2.3.6. It's helped my camera, data drops and has upgrades for motocast and various UI updates. Not sure if it will help your issue as I've never experienced it.

OP
droid2drummer

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's been here for a week or better (6.12.173.XT912.Verizon.en.US.) 2.3.6. It's helped my camera, data drops and has upgrades for motocast and various UI updates. Not sure if it will help your issue as I've never experienced it.

Yeah its been over a week for sure. I haven't tried it yet but anyway I notice something fc every time I shut down or off. But it gets covered up. I will get a logcat of it when it starts happening ill run the log. I'm sure ill find it. Lol thanks guys. I'm hoping its my end anyway ...peace!

Peace!

OP
droid2drummer

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
OK..idea..one of you please do me a favor? Look at your battery usage on stock battery usage in settings. See if you see input.method.Latin...thanks. I've noticed this guy is always running. Maybe its one of the slide it . I deleted it a while back but who knows. It may be lingering and pulling info. Logcat tomorrow as I'm tired...lol thanks guys!

Peace!

rjeatkrconley

Reaction score
Non loquor latine
Didn't see it.

OP
droid2drummer

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well I found it. My logcat is just a tool worth having. I'm going to fix it. It was an app. Actually two fighting for system rights. Lol. Thanks all!

Peace!

Kimo91

Reaction score
I've noticed this problem since I got my Razr but I find it so minor that I don't complain about it. Did the same on my old D2G so I figured its a Motorola thing with the UI and nothing else.

Sent from my Rooted and Safestrapped Moto DROID RAZR

OP
droid2drummer

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've noticed this problem since I got my Razr but I find it so minor that I don't complain about it. Did the same on my old D2G so I figured its a Motorola thing with the UI and nothing else.

Sent from my Rooted and Safestrapped Moto DROID RAZR

Yup... I am trying something and if I fix it, I will post my results..

Peace!

vonfink13

Reaction score
Well I found it. My logcat is just a tool worth having. I'm going to fix it. It was an app. Actually two fighting for system rights. Lol. Thanks all!

Peace!

what two apps were fighting..it would be interesting to know....

OP
droid2drummer

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
what two apps were fighting..it would be interesting to know....

My stock input method and slide it. I only think this is the reason at the moment. I'm not sure how it was running however it was and i had it off. I'm still looking at it...If not those two which I found the errors it may be another not liking spb shell. But I've recently started using it and see no errors there. I think it was a fight for memory. The slide it prediction or the input methods from the stock multi touch.

Peace!