Anyone having issues with usb port

haythem1992

Reaction score
Well a while back my droid's usb was pretty loose and eventually it got so loose the port would not hold the cable so i called and was told to take a trip to my local vzw store. When I got there i was helped and I told the rep about my problem expecting a refurb, but he takes my phone and comes back telling me that this does not fall under a mfg defect because it was my fault. When I asked him why he told me it was probably because I use my phone while charging. Then I was fumed, I asked him that since my battery only last 6 hours why cant i use while charging it when i got home. A few jabs later about how does he expect me to use my phone from 7 to 3 and then from 4-7 not use it all because I have crappy battery life. He then pulls out a "his" droid, a crappy eris, and tells me he understands and offers me to buy a refurb, I say heck no and walk out enraged. I get home expecting to duel it out with a rep on the phone, but i got a helpful guy and he sent me a refurb but he told me that probably I will not be able to get another one if this happens again, I agreed reluctantly expecting it to be a fluke, but now the warning signs are happening again and i don't want to battle again! I was wondering if this is a widespread issue, and if anyone has any tips.

Spyte

Reaction score
My usb port has gotten quite a bit looser since i got it, but i think it happened from using my droid on the car dock in portrait mode with the charger plugged in. i switched it to landscape mode with the usb port on the bottom and i haven't noticed it getting any looser. it hasn't yet gotten so loose as to require replacement though, so i haven't had to deal with verizon on the issue.