Anyone having heat or reboot issues with their Rezound?

OP
jdorf40

jdorf40

Reaction score
I know. And I'm not really that type of person, or at least I don't like to be as it's really not my 'steez', but I'll be damned if I'm going to pay $300 and then get jerked around for days on end while they continue to charge me top dollar for their service that hasn't even worked the past few days. If this next one shows up a dud, I'll be stepping outside my comfort zone a bit.

cp24eva

Reaction score
I know. And I'm not really that type of person, or at least I don't like to be as it's really not my 'steez', but I'll be damned if I'm going to pay $300 and then get jerked around for days on end while they continue to charge me top dollar for their service that hasn't even worked the past few days. If this next one shows up a dud, I'll be stepping outside my comfort zone a bit.

This is how I got out of my AT&T contract and ended up over here with verizon. Service in my area was crappy and they wanted me to pay an extra 200 bucks for a microcell....for me to be able to use my phone at home. Cell tower was down for a month. Not my fault. I made a fuss over the phone....voila out of contract for free. another rep tried to charge us. 600 bucks a month later. Talked to a higher rep, he looked at the logs and saw that I was right. But not before the better business bureau got involved. They were going to honor my voided contract anyways, but the BBB stepped in and made sure.

OP
jdorf40

jdorf40

Reaction score
It's unfortunate that it comes to that. I mean come on. I wish they'd step outside the box and think about things for a second. Less than a month ago I gave them $300 and signed up for another 2 years. My wife is rocking a Thunderbolt that we paid $300 for like 7 months ago. We're locked into another 2 years with them and we pay between $160-$170/month. So in a 24 month period we're putting over $4,500 (at least $10,000 over the last 5 years) toward Verizon and the product they offer. I expect better than what I'm seeing right now. Especially when I can get a product that in my opinion might not be as superior as Verizon's is supposed to be, but would cost me much less. I just expect to be able to use the device that I purchased for over a month without issues. And if there are issues, they better either fix them or at least pro-rate my bill for the days that I couldn't make a frickin' phone call!

jsoliz69

Reaction score
I purchased my Rezound on launch date and it worked excellent for 14 days and on the 15th day it started losing internet connection went to the store and they swapped out the sim card no luck same problem,called customer service 3 times and all they could say is we gonna send you a certified like new phone...I was like I just paid 300 plus two weeks ago and you gonna send me a used phone so got the replacement and still doing the same so basically have a Rezound for calls n text cuz internet connectivity almost does not exist oh and the first phone started just rebooting by itself and they did a hard reset and told me it was my problem...

OP
jdorf40

jdorf40

Reaction score
Well that sucks! I'm really sorry to hear that of course. I'm hoping I'm not facing the same fate. The guy on Friday told me that it was getting overnighted but I never took into account that it wouldn't get here until today (my bad I guess). Over the weekend I did a full restore and this replacement works totally fine as long as I don't try to charge it with the battery in the unit. I've got a wall mount charger for a secondary battery so I've just been swapping the batteries and it's been working as it should. However, I did plug my car charger into it while running the GPS and had to re-set it again because nothing would work as soon as I tried charging it. I'll let you all know how it goes this evening when I get the 2nd replacement and 3rd overall... :blink:

Volkaru

Reaction score
Just had to return my second Rezound, it got stuck in infinite boot :/ I hadn't even done much to it, no temp root even XD
Must be something really messed up with it, temp goes off the charts, won't charge properly anymore, took me three hours of swapping different parts to even let it get me into H-boot, and now even with the factory reset finally going off it's now stuck trying to activate my service and it just shuts off then. and when I DO get it turned on finally it always gave me the warning of the "System" Process having stopped...Yeah @_@ Oh well...Third Rezound will be here friday. Other than this...I'm absolutely loving the phone, wouldn't trade it for a Gnex for anything.

OP
jdorf40

jdorf40

Reaction score
Well, I got this current one on Monday and its been flawless. It's operating smoothly and my battery life has been far superior to any other Android phones I've owned (including the 1st two Rezounds). I've got my fingers crossed after what happened with the first one, but I think that second one I received must have gone through a QA process run by the gov't because it was bunk. I'm really happy again. When this thing is running @ 100% I can't imagine another phone making me happier. I wish you luck. Hopefully your #3 will work out for you like this one did for me...

Sent from my Rezound using DroidForums

L

leroybrute

Just had to return my second Rezound, it got stuck in infinite boot :/ I hadn't even done much to it, no temp root even XD
Must be something really messed up with it, temp goes off the charts, won't charge properly anymore, took me three hours of swapping different parts to even let it get me into H-boot, and now even with the factory reset finally going off it's now stuck trying to activate my service and it just shuts off then. and when I DO get it turned on finally it always gave me the warning of the "System" Process having stopped...Yeah @_@ Oh well...Third Rezound will be here friday. Other than this...I'm absolutely loving the phone, wouldn't trade it for a Gnex for anything.

Hmmm...

mysticalmalissa

Reaction score
Ive not even had my phone for 24hrs yet and I'm about ready to throw it. :/
It gets to hot to hold to my ear. If I talk more then two minutes it gets insanely hot and actually heats up my earrings. (you can stop laughing now.)

L

leroybrute

Ive not even had my phone for 24hrs yet and I'm about ready to throw it. :/
It gets to hot to hold to my ear. If I talk more then two minutes it gets insanely hot and actually heats up my earrings. (you can stop laughing now.)

How hot are you? Do you have a temperature widget?

OP
jdorf40

jdorf40

Reaction score
If you haven't even had it for 24 hours yet I'd go back to the store and tell them you want a different one. If you have to stand in the store and place a call so that it warms up then do it. There are times that each of them have gotten hot, but not that hot. Actually, if you try another one and it seems to do the same thing I'd just use your 14 day swap and try a different phone. I personally love my Rezound. Are you using a Rezound or a Droid 3? Your profile shows a Droid 3. If was rocking that for 24 hours I would absolutely swap it out for something better. Try the new RAZR if you're a Motorola fan. Otherwise the Rezound or the new Galaxy Nexus.

mysticalmalissa

Reaction score
If you haven't even had it for 24 hours yet I'd go back to the store and tell them you want a different one. If you have to stand in the store and place a call so that it warms up then do it. There are times that each of them have gotten hot, but not that hot. Actually, if you try another one and it seems to do the same thing I'd just use your 14 day swap and try a different phone. I personally love my Rezound. Are you using a Rezound or a Droid 3? Your profile shows a Droid 3. If was rocking that for 24 hours I would absolutely swap it out for something better. Try the new RAZR if you're a Motorola fan. Otherwise the Rezound or the new Galaxy Nexus.

I have the Rezound now. I changed it in my profile but I see it didnt work.
I was dead set on getting the Nexus but then heard to many problems with it and the Razr is just to wide for me. I think I am going to call vzw and see if they will send out another. The temp isnt my only problem with it :( I want to love this phone, but its just not happening..............yet.