Anyone having an issue with D1 randomly shutting down?

PARick

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Verizon, and they said this was the first they heard of it. After troubleshooting, they determined I needed a replacement with a CLN one, and I said no thanks. It's not quite that bad yet, but if it gets progressivly worse, who knows. I did the battery pull and reset to no avail.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Verizon, and they said this was the first they heard of it. After troubleshooting, they determined I needed a replacement with a CLN one, and I said no thanks. It's not quite that bad yet, but if it gets progressivly worse, who knows. I did the battery pull and reset to no avail.

I would reflash Froyo. If you are nervous about doing that, take the phone to a factory Verizon store and have them reflash it.

Here's the instructions I copied from PhoenixGTR:

Written by PhoenixGTR over on DF:

[FONT=&quot]Try this:
https://android.clients.google.com/p...-ota-50454.zip
It's the official full install for FRG22D (don't worry about the security certificate thing; it's Google's server; it always does that.
Manual install instructions :

1)rename downloaded file update.zip and move to directory /sdcard using a file manager (make sure you have file extensions showing; Note: update.zip.zip won't work)
2) Turn your phone off.
3)Boot into recovery (Press Power then press X; when you seen the phone is turning on you can let go of Power but keep holding X)..
4) Wait for a triangle with exclamation point to appear and release X.
5) Press the volume up button and hold and quickly press the camera button and hold. Recovery console will appear.
6) Using the D-Pad select “apply update.zip”; . Let the update proceed. When it's complete, use D-Pad to select reboot phone.

[/FONT]

OP
PARick

PARick

Reaction score

I would reflash Froyo. If you are nervous about doing that, take the phone to a factory Verizon store and have them reflash it.

Here's the instructions I copied from PhoenixGTR:

Written by PhoenixGTR over on DF:

[FONT=&quot]Try this: [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]https://android.clients.google.com/p...-ota-50454.zip[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It's the official full install for FRG22D (don't worry about the security certificate thing; it's Google's server; it always does that.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Manual install instructions :[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1)rename downloaded file update.zip and move to directory /sdcard using a file manager (make sure you have file extensions showing; Note: update.zip.zip won't work)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2) Turn your phone off. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3)Boot into recovery (Press Power then press X; when you seen the phone is turning on you can let go of Power but keep holding X).. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4) Wait for a triangle with exclamation point to appear and release X. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5) Press the volume up button and hold and quickly press the camera button and hold. Recovery console will appear.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]6) Using the D-Pad select “apply update.zip”; . Let the update proceed. When it's complete, use D-Pad to select reboot phone. [/FONT]

Nah, I did the updates manually. I'll give it a go. Thanks!

Eschy

Reaction score
if that doesnt work go into a store and tell them you are extremely pissed off that this happened and you want them to give you a droid 2 for your troubles ;)

OP
PARick

PARick

Reaction score
if that doesnt work go into a store and tell them you are extremely pissed off that this happened and you want them to give you a droid 2 for your troubles ;)

Now that, I would accept!:icon_ banana: