Anyone having a problem not being able to Download from Market?

OP
S

sterdroids

Reaction score
Funny now mine works just DL weatherchannel and I cannot DL on my wife Phone :(

techguru

Reaction score
I had problems downloading a paid app and a free app last night. Left it alone for about 30 minutes and they finally downloaded in the background (just be sure not to kill the market if you use a task killer).

Re: calling VZW for support, if this continues for a while, try again. Make sure you get someone in data tech support. It is well known that if you ask two different CS reps the same question at VZW, you will get three different answers :)

Alan

OP
S

sterdroids

Reaction score
I hear you on the double speak from vzw.

Now something really wierd is happening my wifes phone is allowing DL again from the Market but she actually got a notifcation on her phone that google maps has an update and mototorch (which is an led flash light) why did she get that and I didnt get an uodate?

adam8ch

Reaction score
try downloading via wifi, works fine. 3g is no go for me tho

JayMonster

Reaction score

Now something really wierd is happening my wifes phone is allowing DL again from the Market but she actually got a notifcation on her phone that google maps has an update and mototorch (which is an led flash light) why did she get that and I didnt get an uodate?

Notification of Updates is not a "push" item... it is a polling, and is a function of the Marketplace (as it works the same on the G1)... even when there are updates there, not every phone will "catch" it right away. I will periodically go to view the downloaded apps page, as that will show you what updates are available, even if you haven't actually gotten the notification.

Yes, I know this sounds "buggy" and probably is... but really is a small one. Eventually you will get notified... or you can just check for updates.

OP
S

sterdroids

Reaction score

Notification of Updates is not a "push" item... it is a polling, and is a function of the Marketplace (as it works the same on the G1)... even when there are updates there, not every phone will "catch" it right away. I will periodically go to view the downloaded apps page, as that will show you what updates are available, even if you haven't actually gotten the notification.

Yes, I know this sounds "buggy" and probably is... but really is a small one. Eventually you will get notified... or you can just check for updates.

Thanks! I found a few that where updated but cannot find googlemaps update ??

Tabs

Reaction score
I can't download anything from the market either - wifi or 3G, neither works, the apps are just stuck on "starting download".

OP
S

sterdroids

Reaction score
I can't download anything from the market either - wifi or 3G, neither works, the apps are just stuck on "starting download".

Keep trying they must ave spotty outages but it comes back. stupid vzw told me to retun the phone or do a hard reset.

depdaDROID

Reaction score
I cannot download music from Amazon mp3 nor can I upload video to youtube.... ?&x#@)^&##!!!!!

pilot25

Reaction score
I had the same problem and I did an unfortunate hard reset and everything started to download fine. I bought backup and it restored everything to normal after about 5 minutes.