Anyone having a problem not being able to Download from Market?

sterdroids

Reaction score
I just tried to put something on the wifes phone and it will not DL anything from market? I called VZW they said do a hard reset. Is there something wrong with this phone? Or whats going on?

thanks!

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just tried to put something on the wifes phone and it will not DL anything from market? I called VZW they said do a hard reset. Is there something wrong with this phone? Or whats going on?

thanks!

nothing at all? try a diff app just to see if it'll connect to download.

OP
S

sterdroids

Reaction score
What do you mean try a different app? I tried to DL paid and free 10 diff ones no go. It just says DL starting and never does? :( I can browse the web though.

thanks for the help

bass_lover1

Reaction score
What do you mean try a different app? I tried to DL paid and free 10 diff ones no go. It just says DL starting and never does? :( I can browse the web though.

thanks for the help

Mine did this a few times. I just put the phone down for a few minutes and it DL'd the app no problem. You could also try force closing the market place app, and DL the file again.

thelion

Reaction score
Yup same issue here. Probably just down for a bit. Try later.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

thanks for the help

You did exactly what I was thinking. Sorry for any confusion... I didn't know if you tried only 1 app. :p

if you can browse obviously data is getting through and you have a solid connection. hmmm... both settings for 'sync' enabled in the Settings > Accounts and sync?

Just brainstorming here... I'd try the hard reset too I guess.

OP
S

sterdroids

Reaction score
Duh I am idiot I tried it on my line and will not DL either. I guess the shop is closed for
Siesta ;) Thanks for the help!

Anyone else having trouble DL?

Last edited:

thelion

Reaction score
Well, I just forced close, turned off all apps and restarted my Droid and still....no Market DL allowed. So sad. I'll give them an hour before I get angry :)

Donkey Hodie

Reaction score
No trouble here, I downloaded an update (maps) and purchased an application today.

OP
S

sterdroids

Reaction score
I guess right now its down? I DL apps too all day but now nothing :(
Quick FIX it the money is burning a hole in my pocket. Must buy google APPS now!!!

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I guess right now its down? I DL apps too all day but now nothing :(
Quick FIX it the money is burning a hole in my pocket. Must buy google APPS now!!!

LOL. Send them an E-mail pleading to spend money with them! :icon_eek:

sqwirl

Reaction score
Same thing happening here. About 10 minutes ago I pulled the battery from the phone and after it came up it finished the app I wanted. Tried to download something else and no go. Pulled the battery again and still nothing. Hoping it's a store issue cause I am connecting to everything else fine.

Palmyra

Reaction score
Duh I am idiot I tried it on my line and will not DL either. I guess the shop is closed for
Siesta ;) Thanks for the help!

Anyone else having trouble DL?

In a way yes. Were your DL for free apps, paid apps, or a combo of both?

Your situation may be different than mine but here it is.... I've purchased several apps, Beautiful Widgets, the premium version of the newspaper app and a few more. My credit card company put a hold on these small purchases until they verified them with me. Now I must say that my Marketplace "account" is tied to a card that I use only for online purchases. It has a VERY small credit limit and has purchase restrictions setup by me. One being no overseas purchases. Well some of my apps were from the UK.

The guy from the security division of my CC company said that one of the things they look for are small amounts being charged as they are more likely to be overlooked by the owner of the card.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
With this many people reporting it I think it's safe to assume it's not a device issue right now. Whew!