Anyone have time to walk me through the steps of root/cyanogen/froyo for my droid.

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Stephen4036, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Stephen4036

Stephen4036 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I jail broke my iPhone way back when but to be honest I am totally lost with this android system, I don't want me phone to launch missiles but would I would like some custom ability.

if someone could even just make a step by step process for me I can sure figure it out much easier.. ie.. Root (program to do so) then how to load cyanogen, then how to get froyo, etc..

all help is appreciated. thank you! dancedroid
  2. deaf leppy

deaf leppy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sure, check your message inbox..
  3. hookerdj

hookerdj Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i think droidmod has a program now to root you and you can run rom manager to load up cyanogen roms?
  4. deaf leppy

deaf leppy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yep, they do. Came out yesterday I think? Check it out here :
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...d-root-droid-1-droid-x-evo-4g-within-app.html
    The user Airborne added a bit more "detailed" instructions on how to use the program..
    "Just a few things I must point out.

1. People need to download astro file manager.
    2. Put the zip file on to SD card.
    3. Open up astro, rename the zip file to apk.
    4. Then you can click on the file, install it and root.

The way you guys explained on here, you gave the false impression that the file automatically downloads as an apk file and all you had to do was download and hit install."

As for flashing your roms.. You have to have clockwork to use Rom-manager, and the droidmod program used to auto-root flashes SPrecovery.. Switching roms using SP is just as easy as using rom-manager..
    Just put the new rom in the root of your SD card, rename it to update.zip, reboot in to recovery (hold x while turning the power back on), then you will see a few menus.. It's recommended to wipe cache and do a factory reset, so make sure you back up any data you don't want to lose. Then, go down to install, select allow install, then select install update.zip. Now you have a custom rom loaded..
  5. mau5hunter

mau5hunter Member

Ratings:
    +0