Anyone have this script in update.zip format?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by jlaidlaw, Jun 22, 2010.

1. jlaidlaw

jlaidlaw New Member

Does anyone have a script to change the song with the camera button in native music player? Or maybe using the volume key? Any help much appreciated.

Sent from my Droid
  2. gavron

gavron New Member

You could just replace the file

$ adb push new_music.ogg /system/media/audio/ui/camera_click.ogg

E
  3. Se7enLC

Se7enLC New Member

I think you misread the question completely. He wants a script that will switch to the next song when he presses a hardware key (camera or volume). Replacing the sound file has nothing to do with that.

As for the original question - Look on the market for "Music Control"
  4. gavron

gavron New Member

Ah, yes I did misread it completely. Sorry, just trying to be helpful, but obviously answer a question nobody asked isn't.

E
  5. MrC1122

MrC1122 Member

As I too am interested in this, I searched the market for "Music Control" and pulled up about 20-25 apps or so. However, there are none specifically named "Music Control". Most of the apps are some form of remote controls, I do appreciate the input tho - would you happen to know the name of a specific app?
  6. Se7enLC

Se7enLC New Member

Try that search again. When I search for "Music Control" the first three are called "Music Control", "Music Control Lite" and "Music Control Full", all by Nat Hammond. That is the app i was referring to. It doesn't work with Froyo, yet, AFAICT, but I remember it working well in 2.1, I think.
  7. MrC1122

MrC1122 Member

Update: I found the app on AppBrain, but I'll be damned if I can't figuer out how to get it to download let alone installed. There doesn't appear to be any instructions on how to do anything related to this app...bummer ={
  8. MrC1122

MrC1122 Member

This could be why I can't find it on the market, I have noticed that there were some apps available under 2.1 that are not available for 2.2. Even tho AppBrain claims it is compatible, there are posts on AppBrain saying that it doesn't work for 2.2 which really doesn't matter in my case because I can't get it to download anyway. Btw...I tried several searches several times on the market including all the names you mentioned and the devs name and couldn't get it to pull up.
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2010
Search tags for this page

android can't find update script

g1 update script