1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Anyone have the 3-pack screen protector from Verizon?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by spazma7ik, Dec 28, 2009.

1. spazma7ik

spazma7ik New Member

I bought this with my Droid and tried one on when I got home. It seemed as though it wasn't cut right, or I must have been horribly off, but it was sticking up on the sides of the phone, as in it was perhaps a bit too big?

Has anyone been successful in getting one of these to lay flat and bubble-less on their Droid?

If so, tips?

Thanks.
  2. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

I have the VZW 3-pack. I found that it has to be positioned exactly on the edge for them all to line up. I don't have any 'hang off'. It's flush with the device but I had to re-adjust a few times :)
  3. spazma7ik

spazma7ik New Member

Hm, any tips?
  4. dezymond

dezymond RS Lead Premium Member

windex is your friend. then push out the bubbles with a credit card
  5. Martin030908

Def the credit card trick. Start from the bottom corner (either side depending on your handed-ness) and get it started a little bit with no bubbles..... then work the rest of the protector down the phone using the credit card.... ensuring there are no bubbles as you slide the card down the face of the phone. the biggest part is removing any dust or debris from the face of the phone... and having a clean environment to apply it. generally i've found that if you start the first inch or so of the protector from one bottom corner, and have a clean area, you can pretty much get a perfect application using a credit card to smooth on the remainder of the protector.

practice helps... i blew through $20 in protectors in one day back when I got my BB Storm. After that you pretty much ensure yourself you're going to perfect it... not to waste that money again!
  6. Fl1f1sh

Fl1f1sh New Member

www.zagg.com This is a better screen protector. Lifetime warranty, no bubbles.
  7. soyboy

soyboy New Member

I had more trouble with that three pack than any other screen protector that I have ever used. It seems like it is a bit too big and needs to be trimmed very slightly along the long side. I am on my third one and it is the only one I got on the phone "bubble free", however I was unable to get the corners tight. I think next time I will go back to one of my generic brand films.
  8. Maximo

Maximo New Member

I have tried 3 of the VZW screen protectors and have yet to get them to adhere properly at the top of the screen. There is always a small area(s) that just will not stick. But the bad part is after a week they start lifting away at the top. Gonna have to find a better one.....
  9. MrTommy

MrTommy New Member

So far, so fair...

I got the three pack as well, however, I told the Verizon 'expert' to install one for me. She did, it seems to be holding up fine, and I've still got two left. Now, there is a slight air bubble in the lower right corner, or more appropriately, a 'separation' of the protector film. But it's not enough to cause a problem.

I checked out the Zagg site. Is it $15 for ONE screen cover? A bit steep, but if it's the last screen cover I ever have to buy, I might go for it when I run out of these stock thingies.
  10. cchhiipp

cchhiipp New Member

I wasted a 3-pack of those trying to get one right.

I could apply it pretty well, but invariably there would be dust or link that got underneath causing a small bubble. As hard as I tried, I couldn't get the film to apply without getting lint or dust under it.

Zagg's are better? I'll try them...and hopefully in a room with less dust.
  11. JayMonster

JayMonster New Member

I had trouble getting my first one right. Brought it back to the VZW store, had them put it on and it is dead on perfect. I may have known more about the Droid than the VZW reps on launch day... but they are good at screen protectors. :icon_ banana:
  12. Martin030908

VZW rep told me it was next to impossible to get a screen protector on with no bubbles. I've since proven that wrong.... many times with my BB Storm and now with my Droid.
  13. Groucho

Groucho New Member

I suck at putting these on. Mine has a few bubbles, but when the screen is on it's acceptable.

My biggest complaint is that they show fingerprints much more than the bare touchscreen ever did.
  14. Graffin

Graffin New Member

Yeah, ask the Verizon guys to do it for you if you buy your Droid in a store.

I had to trim the top right corner off of my protector to get it to fit right. I hate that the thing is the exact size of the screen, leaving no room for error for my enormous man hands. If you get it at the slightest angle the opposite corner is going to hang off the phone. Bane of my existence.
  15. JessiesGirl

JessiesGirl New Member

I have the precut-Verizon 3 pack of screen protectors and had no problem whatsoever getting them onto the phone properly. The directions that come in the pack are excellent. First time I've ever tried to apply a screen protector to anything and it was pretty simple.

Although I was the kid who always won "Operation". :icon_ devil:

I like the protector. Didn't make the touchscreen difficult to use or cause any other problems.
  16. Sp3aK

Sp3aK New Member

I got the Zagg one and messed up installing it and had to toss it (which sucks). They were having a 50% off day so I bought another one and have a while of trying to get it lined up right it ended up having pieces of crap on it (I think pieces of the sponge they include). They wouldn't come off... so yet another protector wasted.

Sucks but I'm gonna have to stop after over $20 of protectors. I might try the VZW ones at some point but I'm sure they aren't very good. I have a Zagg on my iPod and it's be superb, guess my foolish hands just couldn't handle the installation of it this time.
  17. ciegasordomuda

ciegasordomuda New Member

IMO, do not mess with the Zagg ones unless you are very patient and skilled.. You have to wet them to put them on and then line them up perfectly... and if you touch the zagg ones, you have a permanent fingerprint on your screen protector. Another thing, the Zaggs claim to be "invisable" yet the one I had tried on my droid was clear but had kind of a weird texture to it... Oh, and you have to repeat the wet application process for all 14, 15, 16? different pieces it came with

I just bought 2 packs of the Verizon ones and went at it... No they are not perfect, but after applying and re-applying 5 of them, i now have one on that looks great and has zero bubbles.
  18. scottl

scottl New Member

Hahaha...this is exactly why I had my wife do it. Works better with little hands, I think!!!

Mine is applied perfectly, with no bubbles. Gotta love it.
  19. JayMonster

JayMonster New Member

Wouldn't cutting the top and right corner cause the spaces to be offset which are supposed to be clear for the sensors? (Just curious)
  20. ciegasordomuda

ciegasordomuda New Member

My experience with them , and possibly what they are talking about, is that the Verizon ones are squared-off corners where as the droid has more rounded corners, thus causing the screen protectors to overlap at the corners rather then sit flush, so if you trim them they fit better