anyone have problems with safestrap

NZRocketman

Reaction score
tried putting my first custom roms on my razr and used safestrap however i just keep getting a blank screen.

on another note can anyone recomen a custom rom which has step by step instruction bcos im getting sick of restoring to stock roms every time this stuffs up

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
tried putting my first custom roms on my razr and used safestrap however i just keep getting a blank screen.

on another note can anyone recomen a custom rom which has step by step instruction bcos im getting sick of restoring to stock roms every time this stuffs up
I'm not an expert with root but here are a few suggestions:
1. Go next door to Razr Hacks and find the Updated Droid Razr Utility by Matt. Download that and install on your computer. This one utility will enable you (with explanations) to root, unroot, fastboot, install safestrap, install bootstrap and a number of other things. It is the best tool out there.
2. The DroidRazr.com forum has a very good listing of ROMs available for the Razr, both ICS based and GB based. Each ROM has a pretty good "how to install" written by the DEV.
3. Seriously...get Matt's utility.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Gentlemen,

I moved this thread to the Hacks area since the greater number of people here are familiar to some extent with rooting, Bootstrap, Safestrap, and general knowledge of flashing ROMs, and such. Other than JPCALHOUN who responded with helpful and valid information, I saw no activity that suggested you would get prompt answers to your immediate concerns, so felt this forum would suit the needs better.

Thanks.

OP
N

NZRocketman

Reaction score
my phone is rooted. i got the razr bootstrap on my phone but it freezes at the motorola logo