Anyone have an LG G watch?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Okaaaaay, clearly my family and I are not the targeted audience with this one... "Spose they go after some of us who are a bit, ummmm, more mature and accustom to wearing a watch -- an audience who might appreciate a timepiece which does more? Much more?
Exactly how, ummmm, mature are you? Just kidding (pardon the pun). You seem to be very intelligent, so I was thinking you were perhaps older than you are.

Edit: Never mind...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Other than the one Pere linked the only ones I've seen are ones for a specific app that works on a smartwatch. Hyundai commercials are the most prevalent with their automobiles now becoming "smartwatch ready"
As far as the belief that Apple had the first smartwatch proves the marketing genius of Apple. They marketed it first, the masses just believed the rest. For that matter if you look in old threads many predicted the masses would believe Apple did it first without Apple saying a word. Marketing by Apple still didn't cause their watch to blow away anything because it still came back to the why.
The G watch is just the beginning of something great.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><
If smart watches (Android AND Apple) aren't going to be marketed properly, nobody is going to even know about them, much less, want them... I'm doing my part! I talk about it to just about to everyone who notices it and even show it off to some who don't LOL

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
If smart watches (Android AND Apple) aren't going to be marketed properly, nobody is going to even know about them, much less, want them... I'm doing my part! I talk about it to just about to everyone who notices it and even show it off to some who don't LOL
I have been saying that for a year.

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Hmm, now I must recant that statement. You seem young and vibrant... Perhaps young at heart?

Bingo!!! My time here has been long, but my heart and mind are still young. I absolutely refuse to grow old.

Off topic, sorry, but how do I "quote" posters instead of constantly replying?
Edit: NVM, I think I figured it out...

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Bingo!!! My time here has been long, but my heart and mind are still young. I absolutely refuse to grow old.

Off topic, sorry, but how do I "quote" posters instead of constantly replying?
Well it depends on whether you're using an app like Tapatalk or you're simply using a browser.

For Tapatalk, you hit the back arrow at the bottom right side of the message you wish to quote.

In the browser, you first hit the +Quote selection below the message you wish to reply to, then hit the Reply selection.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
In the browser, you can also select specific text to quote. At least on desktop, the Quote button will kinda float about any text you highlight in someone's post. Handy if you don't want to quote the entire post, but just a sentence or two. I THINK it works that way on the mobile browser too, but can't recall.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Let's market to those least able to afford such things. Brilliance Google. Brilliance.....

Sent from Turbo II
Remember when HTC marketed their product as Quietly Brilliant? Didn't work then, doesn't work now for AW.
The fitness band crowd will be the first to accept the smartwatch as the norm since though they might not wear a watch, they're used to something strapped to their wrist. My Gear Fit still gets mistaken as a Fitbit at times though when it was new I was asked a few times if it was "one of those smartwatch things".

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
My Gear Fit still gets mistaken as a Fitbit at times
That was actually a selling feature for my wife when we got her the Fit. She liked that it looked like it could just be a FitBit and not something smarter, tethered to her phone so she could get away with wearing it at work.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That was actually a selling feature for my wife when we got her the Fit. She liked that it looked like it could just be a FitBit and not something smarter, tethered to her phone so she could get away with wearing it at work.
That little device held so much promise has Samsung not abandoned it. I still get a few updates to apps every now and then.
I agree I wanted something less noticeable than a G watch to go with what I wrote earlier about a fitness tracker that could control my music player.

Support Our Troops!!!
<≥≤
Notate

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Still settling in with the new-to-me phone and have noticed that my watch appears to be consuming more bluetooth power off my battery. Did I say that right? At the end of the day on my Maxx, my bluetooth consumed 1% battery and now it's consuming 3% with the same faces I used with the other phone. It's probably not a big deal, but I'm curious so thought I would pop in here and ask. Incidentally, that is the only bluetooth hooked up to the phone right now until I find a new headset or speaker phone (another subject, another forum).

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Still settling in with the new-to-me phone and have noticed that my watch appears to be consuming more bluetooth power off my battery. Did I say that right? At the end of the day on my Maxx, my bluetooth consumed 1% battery and now it's consuming 3% with the same faces I used with the other phone. It's probably not a big deal, but I'm curious so thought I would pop in here and ask. Incidentally, that is the only bluetooth hooked up to the phone right now until I find a new headset or speaker phone (another subject, another forum).
Those percentages are misleading. It's 1% of total battery usage. So, if you've got 25% battery left overall, Bluetooth has used 1% of the 75% of the battery that's been used.

So, depending on how you use your phone, that percentage won't always be the same. If you use the phone less overall all day, BT will use a larger percentage of the battery that's used. If you're on the phone more, BT will likely be lower on the list.

If that makes sense?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk