Anyone have an LG G watch?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I have not noticed anything different. Agree that the change log seems pretty minimal. So far I have not seen anything better, worse or even different. At least Google is providing updates...seems like a good sign.

Last edited:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Anybody have any success calibrating the compass app? Every time it pops up to do the figure 8, North is in a different direction, but it's only been close to right once.

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
No update here.

I calibrated the compass once. Seemed correct when I did it.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
None here either. I had the compass close once, but it asked to calibrate again the next time I opened it & now it thinks East is North.

Are you supposed to face a certain direction while calibrating?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Could try facing north... But I want when I did it. Maybe you're too close to some metal?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I've done it in my office at work, my bedroom, & my bathroom. Surely one of those doesn't have enough metal to mess it up... Ha

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've done it in my office at work, my bedroom, & my bathroom. Surely one of those doesn't have enough metal to mess it up... Ha

It's your magnetic personality and smile.
Get some grumpy ogre to try it for you.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Based on this threads discussion, I started checking out the LG G on eBay hoping to find a deal and I just won a brand new one still in the box for $81. Looking forward to my introduction to Android Wear
Congrats and welcome to the club!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Based on this threads discussion, I started checking out the LG G on eBay hoping to find a deal and I just won a brand new one still in the box for $81. Looking forward to my introduction to Android Wear

Good deal, that's awesome! I found mine for $88...worn once. Still had the plastic on everything. I wasn't sure if I would like it at first, but it has definitely grown on me. I still prefer round watches over square, but have grown used to the square G. Keep us posted with your impressions once you wear it. FYI: Mine was not on AW 5.0 when I first turned it on and I almost sent it back...that original AW version was not good in my opinion. It took a few minutes syncing with my phone for the watch to prompt me to update to 5.0

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Good point @sajokaz Mine updated once when I first got it (was at home for lunch when it was delivered), then again by the time I got back to work.

P.S. Still no update to 5.0.2 on mine. Just checked again.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
P.S. Still no update to 5.0.2 on mine. Just checked again.
Strange. The only thing I did yesterday was check for updates twice on my watch & it said "up to date" and then at some point rebooted my phone (not sure why...but I needed to reboot for something). It was shortly after the phone reboot when my watch vibrated and I saw the prompt to download & install the update. Then again...the reboot may have had nothing to do with it and it's just rolling out in waves.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Strange. The only thing I did yesterday was check for updates twice on my watch & it said "up to date" and then at some point rebooted my phone (not sure why...but I needed to reboot for something). It was shortly after the phone reboot when my watch vibrated and I saw the prompt to download & install the update. Then again...the reboot may have had nothing to do with it and it's just rolling out in waves.
I'm sure it is. Just wondering when I'll catch that wave. Haha!

I checked a few times yesterday evening and again today. Like we said, not a big changelog, so it's really not a big deal.

I always wonder how the waves work though. Yours was slightly used when you got it, so it had likely been activated before I got mine. Wondering if that plays a part in it, or if they just go by serial number groups, which also could go by "older" models first.