Anyone have an LG G watch?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Looks like the prices on E Bay are creeping back up to around 110 average for NIB. Once the Verizon sale ended, sellers are probably going to start raising prices again.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Yeah I missed the Verizon deal so went with eBay. Got mine lightly used. I'm really liking it and see the potential. The G watch would be the one to get for an early adopter, then if you like it get a 2nd or 3rd Gen.

I might go with the next moto 360 when it comes out. I think they nailed the look overall.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Yeah I missed the Verizon deal so went with eBay. Got mine lightly used. I'm really liking it and see the potential. The G watch would be the one to get for an early adopter, then if you like it get a 2nd or 3rd Gen.

I might go with the next moto 360 when it comes out. I think they nailed the look overall.
Definitely excited for 2nd or 3rd Gen devices down the road, but I agree. It's a great place to start if you can get the kinda deals we all got on one.

I just hope with oems starting to release more watches with their own os's, we still see them make great android watches.

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Couldn't agree more with both of you (@Jonny Kansas and @jstafford1), both make excellent points. It's a great watch to start off with, whether budget is an issue or not. This watch does everything the more expensive ones do. Even though other manufacturers are making their own watches, I don't see official Android Wear watches going away anytime soon. I think the next gen of LG, Samsung and Moto watches will be pretty awesome if they can improve on the existing models & functionality. I am definitely curious to see what the future holds with wearable tech. It's hard to imagine what kind of cool stuff my kids will be using when they are my age...look how far along Android has advanced since the OG Droid...that was not all that long ago.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Does Samsung have an android wear device? The one they announced with the note 4 is a tizen device, isn't it?

& I come from the g1 days, so I agree completely with how far the platform has come.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Definitely excited for 2nd or 3rd Gen devices down the road, but I agree. It's a great place to start if you can get the kinda deals we all got on one.

I just hope with oems starting to release more watches with their own os's, we still see them make great android watches.

Frankly I hope OEMs STOP releasing watches with their own OS's. I would rather see the entire community stick with Android Wear OS. Let's develop the heck out of that OS, just like we've done with Android all the way up to the present Lolloipop.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Frankly I hope OEMs STOP releasing watches with their own OS's. I would rather see the entire community stick with Android Wear OS. Let's develop the heck out of that OS, just like we've done with Android all the way up to the present Lolloipop.
That's my stance as well, but if them using their own os's results in advancements that they/others transfer to android wear, I'm OK with it, but you'd think they'd realize that android already has a foothold.

I'm wondering how things will change when the Apple watch comes out. I'm pretty sure some oems of watches are just trying to cash in on ios AND android.

It's going to be an interesting year for sure.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Forgot all about that. That's an older device though, right? Not the one that they announced with the note that has 3g.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
All it takes is that one incredibly convenient thing. For me, it's voice texting & notifications in general.

I love my big old Note 4, but not having to dig it out to find out I don't care about that notification I just got is awesome.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I agree.... I love the voice texting and notifications, but being able to get work emails is such a bonus
I leave my work emails at work and most of the emails I get for personal use are garbage anyway. Haha! So it's nice to be able to see and/or delete from the watch.