Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Thanks. I was looking at that one earlier & has mostly good reviews. Just nice to here that it works from someone actually using it. I might give it a try.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
It vibrates right away when the phone disconnects, but they just added an option to set delay so it won't alert you if you just step out of range for a bit & come right back.

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Gotta get me a watch. Moto 360 or if something better comes along before I can afford one.

Sent from my Droid Turbo on Tapatalk.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Gotta get me a watch. Moto 360 or if something better comes along before I can afford one.

The Moto 360 was outside of my budget right now. I was not sure if I would like the square LG G since I have only ever worn round watches. It has really grown on me and I like it a lot. I still wear my dressy steel band watch for special occasions, but the G watch is pretty cool for daily use.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks

I definitely want another one some day with heart rate & speaker, but I don't like the "flat tire" on the moto & I think it's silly that they put tick marks & numbers on the bezel of the g watch r.

That said, wishful thinking, but I put the 360 on our wedding registry. ;)

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
The Moto 360 was outside of my budget right now. I as not sure if I would like the square LG G since I have only ever worn round watches. It has really grown on me and I like it a lot. I still wear my dressy steel band watch for special occasions, but the G watch is pretty cool for daily use.

Agreed on the price, though my fancy metal watch is square (rectangle).

Target, where we registered yesterday, still has the g watch for $229 or whatever.

$99 worked out well for my budget & for an early adoption of the tech.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Agreed on the price, though my fancy metal watch is square (rectangle).

Target, where we registered yesterday, still has the g watch for $229 or whatever.

$99 worked out well for my budget & for an early adoption of the tech.

Which watch is that again? I need a cheap substitute for the MOTO 360.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
$99 is the g watch from vzw, but not other retailers. I was only able to get that price online. Pere got it in store. Others have found similar deals on ebay/etc.

Not really a substitute if you really love the looks of the 360, but I'm happy with mine.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
If you do want to try out the LG G, they were selling for under $100 on E Bay when I bought mine.....I assume because Verizon had them on sale.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Well, I want one that works, has significant functionality as you've described, and costs c. $100.
I definitely want another one some day with heart rate & speaker, but I don't like the "flat tire" on the moto & I think it's silly that they put tick marks & numbers on the bezel of the g watch r.

That said, wishful thinking, but I put the 360 on our wedding registry. ;)

LOL..."Flat Tire"...good one.

It IS a shame that the bottom is cut off for the sensors. I wonder if it would have sold better without the sensors and with the full screen circumference? That is the biggest complaint I've seen. For fully round custom faces it really does hamper the look. For others that don't depend on the circular design it's aesthetically flawless.

I haven't really looked hard at what the sensors do, but obviously there is at least an ambient light sensor. Seems like a large area for just that.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Well, I want one that works, has significant functionality as you've described, and costs c. $100.

LOL..."Flat Tire"...good one.

It IS a shame that the bottom is cut off for the sensors. I wonder if it would have sold better without the sensors and with the full screen circumference? That is the biggest complaint I've seen. For fully round custom faces it really does hamper the look. For others that don't depend on the circular design it's aesthetically flawless.

I haven't really looked hard at what the sensors do, but obviously there is at least an ambient light sensor. Seems like a large area for just that.
If that's what you want & you don't mind the square face, check the g watch out.

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
I have a fancy for the Moto360 *blushes*.....

sent from my sexy Note 4